compitability and opssible updates?

PhilipK

Hi linustechtips

I am a first time builder and i have created a build i think is compatible. As this is my first build i would like to have it verified, i figured to go here. 

This is the build im planning to make, i have fans to mount in the case + cooling. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/R1Zt/saved/9tqhP6

I am looking to upgrade it because i have around 150 dollars more to spend. I just dont know what to upgrade in the build.

If you have any suggestions of upgrades or other parts i would like to know. 

Also if this will work together

how bout now ?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($233.97 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler:  Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($128.17 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard:  MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($142.99 @ Newegg)
Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:  Kingston SSDNow KC300 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage:  Seagate Constellation CS ISE 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($91.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card:  MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($432.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case:  Aerocool Xpredator X3 Devil Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.98 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply:  SeaSonic 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1490.05
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-11 17:28 EDT-0400)

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Better wait for 4690K, take AC rather than H60 and get another case.

i understand what you are saying, but why would you change the parts to what you recommend?

how bout now ?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($233.97 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler:  Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($128.17 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard:  MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($142.99 @ Newegg)

Memory:  G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg)

Storage:  Kingston SSDNow KC300 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage:  Seagate Constellation CS ISE 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($91.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card:  MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($432.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Case:  Aerocool Xpredator X3 Devil Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.98 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply:  SeaSonic 750W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1490.05

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-11 17:28 EDT-0400)

I dont understand the PSU upgrade, why would you go for a higher watt powersupply?

it looks good besides from that.

I dont understand the PSU upgrade, why would you go for a higher watt powersupply?

it looks good besides from that.

two reasons :

-it keeps your PSU running cool and quiet with one 290 and last longer

-gives you head room to upgrade to CF 290 and be enough sinse it's 80+Gold and from Seasonic

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

two reasons :

-it keeps your PSU running cool and quiet with one 290 and last longer

-gives you head room to upgrade to CF 290 and be enough sinse it's 80+Gold and from Seasonic

another question, was my original build working? i would like to know  :P

another question, was my original build working? i would like to know  :P

yes it was, but not that much, you where spending more on the wrong stuff, always go like this, : GPU, CPU, Mobo, than PSU efficiency than comes the other stuff, this is the order the importance and performance/upgradabily components choice you should follow when building a PC ;)

yes it was, but not that much, you where spending more on the wrong stuff, always go like this, : GPU, CPU, Mobo, than PSU efficiency than comes the other stuff, this is the order the importance and performance/upgradabily components choice you should follow when building a PC ;)

thanks that is nice to know, i have a speciel seller(getting a discount) and he doesn't have all the components which you listed, but knowing what order to upgrade your components in should help i guess ;) What would you think is lacking in the original build?

the PSU is very bad reputaion

the CPU Locked

the GPU is tough but will struggle at high res in modern titles maxed due to the lack of Memory bit bus

the cooler is good, but a single insted of dual will cut down on the coolin performance

can you give me a limit of the parts available to you so i can help you put it together ?

the CPU Locked

the GPU is tough but will struggle at high res in modern titles maxed due to the lack of Memory bit bus

the cooler is good, but a single insted of dual will cut down on the coolin performance

can you give me a limit of the parts available to you so i can help you put it together ?

i can link you the site if you want to give it a shot, its danish though. i have looked into intels CPU's and descided on a i5-4670k instead because its unlocked :P . i didn't know about the bad reputation of the PSU i will look into another. What GPU would you recommend instead? i might upgrade the cooler later on, but i think i will keep the h60 for now.

the website where i look to buy parts: http://www.bj-trading.dk/

i would btw like to keep the PSU modular

the CPU Locked

i think of upgrading the GPU to a gtx 780 from asus(http://www.bj-trading.dk/bjshop/default.asp?pv=90YV04H0-M0NA00&pn=Asus&vare=925946) its got 384 bit bus

also i have chosen an i5-4670k instead

what is your thoughts?

i have added them to the pcpartspicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/R1Zt/saved/9tqhP6

i think of upgrading the GPU to a gtx 780 from asus(http://www.bj-trading.dk/bjshop/default.asp?pv=90YV04H0-M0NA00&pn=Asus&vare=925946) its got 384 bit bus

also i have chosen an i5-4670k instead

what is your thoughts?

i have added them to the pcpartspicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/R1Zt/saved/9tqhP

the MSI 290 Gaming is better than the 780 no doubt, cheaper, it's just as powerful and got a 4GB frame buffer with 512bit bus to drive it, meaning it will handle even 4K at decent settings no prob, and handle 1440p Maxed, wile the 780 will strugle at high res due to the lack of Memory amount and Interface, and the 4670K is great chice for Gaming

i can link you the site if you want to give it a shot, its danish though. i have looked into intels CPU's and descided on a i5-4670k instead because its unlocked :P . i didn't know about the bad reputation of the PSU i will look into another. What GPU would you recommend instead? i might upgrade the cooler later on, but i think i will keep the h60 for now.

the website where i look to buy parts: http://www.bj-trading.dk/

i would btw like to keep the PSU modular

I recommend an Asus Rç 290 i saw in there

Get a Seasonic ss 750W KM/KM3 or similar, from Seasonic, EVGA, bequiet

I'm sorry I didn't respond, I already went to bed. Please tell me, how many kroner do you've got to spend? Then I'll give you my suggestion.

4670K sucks at overclocking, better go with Devil Canyon, which you have at your PCPP link.

I don't even know that site you gace, I buy at komplett.dk and I recommend it :)

I'm sorry I didn't respond, I already went to bed. Please tell me, how many kroner do you've got to spend? Then I'll give you my suggestion.

4670K sucks at overclocking, better go with Devil Canyon, which you have at your PCPP link.

I don't even know that site you gace, I buy at komplett.dk and I recommend it :)

i would buy at komplett if i didn't have the right contacts, i trust this dealer 100% and i dont have to pay moms(what is it called in english?) :D

i have around 9500 kr

It's called taxes - VAT tax actually ;)

9500 kroner with or without taxes? Could you also get me a deal with this shop? :D

I can help you with the computer if you want, I live in Hedehusene.

hmm, dont think i can get you a deal sadly, i think i have figured out how to assemble it, and i would prefer to try to get it working myself, i might write a message if i mess up somehow. its with taxes. i have around 7500-8000 without :D

Alright, anyway I can help you however you want, I don't live far :)

Gimme a sec, I will make a build for you.

Intel Core i5 4690K 1750DKK (not in the shop yet)
ASUS Z97 Gryphon 1050DKK
HyperX Fury 1866MHz 2x4GB 650DKK (not in the shop)
Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 600DKK
Corsair RM650 750DKK
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 400DKK
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 700DKK
ASUS GTX 770 2200DKK

Total: 8100DKK

You've got about 1400DKK left for cooling and other stuff ;)

Actually, I will be getting a very similar build very soon.

the MSI 290 Gaming is better than the 780 no doubt, cheaper, it's just as powerful and got a 4GB frame buffer with 512bit bus to drive it, meaning it will handle even 4K at decent settings no prob, and handle 1440p Maxed, wile the 780 will strugle at high res due to the lack of Memory amount and Interface, and the 4670K is great chice for Gaming

I see, and its about the same price :D thanks a lot 

so it would look something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/R1Zt/saved/9tqhP6 (but with another PSU)?

Intel Core i5 4690K 1750DKK (not in the shop yet)

ASUS Z97 Gryphon 1050DKK

HyperX Fury 1866MHz 2x4GB 650DKK (not in the shop)

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 600DKK

Corsair RM650 750DKK

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 400DKK

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 700DKK

ASUS GTX 770 2200DKK

Total: 8100DKK

You've got about 1400DKK left for cooling and other stuff ;)

Actually, I will be getting a very similar build very soon.

i see where you are going with this, but i really want that case(xpredator x3), i think it looks amazing ;) Also i would like to spend some more money and get a better graphicscard, thinking of a r9 290 from asus

im not on a strickt budget and that extra money would help me hold on to my machine longer before replacing any parts or building a new pc 

Aerocool cases are really crappy. You've got 1400DKK left, you can spend it on a better GPU if you want ;)

Aerocool cases are really crappy. You've got 1400DKK left, you can spend it on a better GPU if you want ;)

i think its a "religion" kind off like nvidia vs amd. I have not yet read a negative review about that case ;)