My Girlfriend never used a PC...

Go to solution Solved by Forcebreaker,

If you spend a little more you can have this badboy http://en.toppreise.ch/prod_351451.html

Or this one http://en.toppreise.ch/prod_341205.html,

Hello Guys!

As you can see by my Post-Count, as well on my Avatar, this is a new Account. But don't worry, my question is legit! I hope i'm posting in the right Subtopic here. "Troubleshooting" felt a bit off, for what I want help with.

From watchign the WAN-Show, I fully believe that this Forum is full of tech-savy geniuses who know excactly how to build or pick your own PC to get the best for the buck :)

So here are the limits:

My girlfriend rarely used a PC in her life. She has no PC or Laptop, but a Mobile Device of the upper class (Samsung Galaxy 5) cuz... why not.

I am looking for a portable mashine (preferably laptop) who can:

- Plays DVD'S

- is good enough to play most of the normal games with (we are talking about games like Path of exile, or the games who are ~2-3 years old)

- costs no more than 600 bucks (approximatly)

- Does not require to be a genius to work with (no Linux solutions or apple-golden cages please)

If it helps anything, we live in Switzerland, so maybe check if your product is avaiable for my country :) Else I'll just check myself.

I have reasonable PC Knowledge myself, and build my PC on my own (which i'm quite proud of). I hope you guys can help me!

Any references to sites with the prefered product, questions ect. are welcome and will be answered ^^

Thanks for your help dear Community!

Greetings, Zonalar

So you want to spend 600 Euro on and a laptop? Where are you buying from?

Quote me to get a reply!

is it $/£600 ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

just get her something with an i5, 500GB HDD, 4GB Ram that suits your budget Mate 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

You're still dating her?  That's a crime against humanity.

Yes, I am still dating her. No, it's totally legit. She does have little to no computer-knowledge, but that does not stop her from loving me. As long she doesn't demand to give up my PC-habits entirely, we're fine :)

@nsyedhasan: I intent to buy it from the internet. wherever possible. I live in switzerland, so i'd check sites like "http://en.toppreise.ch/" :) I start from there when I'm looking for Tech. Else i go to https://www.microspot.ch or  http://www.brack.ch/ to buy stuff within my country.

@LawrenceBarnes2013: That would be 600 Swiss Franks. Maybe less. I just want  a solid piece of Hardware that can fulfill the tasks at hand with a reasonable sized screen. I have a payed job, so i can afford more if need be. She won't be able to use the laptop to its full potential. 

@Brogen: It's all about dem priorities man.

I really like those options! I tend to the lower tier one you posted, but do you know how powerful a "AMD A8-4500M" graphics card is in comparison? I have no idea how to know if it's good or not,  or to which nvidia card it's comparible.

If you're looking for a good laptop experience don't get HP. The laptop I have is an Acer V552-10576; i'ts an ultra-portable laptop less than an inch thick and less than 2.5KG. It has an AMD A105757m Kaveri APU and integrated 8570 GPU 6GB RAM.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.