PowerColor Devil13 R9 295X2

Sonefiler

Hey guys, 

PowerColor-Devil-13-R9-290X-_-Box-635x43

Yeah, I know this is old news that PowerColor is making a Devil13 R9 295X2. But, what most people don't know is that they actually revealed it at Computex 2014. This card DOES have four 8-pin power connectors (which is actually what is normally necessary for a GPU like this, drawing 646W under load) but has 25W extra from the PCI-E slot, so that there is room for overclocking. Although you can daisy chain the connectors now, I would still use seperate plugs for more headroom, as there is only about 25W of headroom when it comes to you. How did the reference one even start?!

It has a fully custom PCB with much stronger VRMs. It features three 100mm fans (yes, you heard me right) cooling two seperate heatsinks for each Hawaii XT core. It has a total of 10 10mm heat pipes, 5 per heatsink (THATS INSANE!) and will have 13Mhz lower core clocks but 100Mhz higher memory clocks than the reference! It has 15-phase power delivery, PowerIRstage, Super Cap and Ferrite chokes. I'm estimating a length of about 325mm, or 32.5cm, or 12.8 inches! That's an insane length for a card. This card will also feature TurboTimer compatibility. The TurboTimer makes your GPU fan run even after the computer is turned off, for a short amount of time, to make sure that the fans aren't off when the GPU is running very hot. This will increase the lifespan of the graphics card, and it's reusable on your next upgrade to a new PowerColor card.

I assume this will come with a mousemat with Devil decorations like the Devil R9 270X, and is confirmed will come with a Razer Auroboros Ambidexterous mouse. Why would you give us a mouse from a sucky company? Give us Corsair or Coolermaster mice. If I got this I would just sell the mouse, I much prefer my M40 :P

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

nemo fins yay, btw i did report on this gpu a while back.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Those temps... Oh god... Just leave the water cooling on. If you're buying a $1500 gpu I'm sure you have enough room for the rad. And the triple slot card won't even fit in a small case that doesn't have room for the rad...

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Those temps... Oh god... Just leave the water cooling on. If you're buying a $1500 gpu I'm sure you have enough room for the rad. And the triple slot card won't even fit in a small case that doesn't have room for the rad...

This is 13 inches long and three slots thick with three 90mm fans and 10 heatpipes. I think it will be fine :)

This is 13 inches long and three slots thick with three 90mm fans and 10 heatpipes. I think it will be fine :)

But still. Why not just leave the rad? It's still gonna be blazing hot. I think?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

But still. Why not just leave the rad? It's still gonna be blazing hot. I think?

because not every wants a prefilled closed loop rad

Id rather buy this card and do a custom loop cooling *drools*

and its alot cheaper then the sapphire one too

i read that they have some really good fan design that is optimized for this thing.

i read that they have some really good fan design that is optimized for this thing.

yeah but for a person to spend that kinda money on that card do you really think they leave it air cooled?

if it were me i'd say " HELL NO!!! " i'd oc the life out of it and water cool the beast and my whole system just to show my friends whose dick is bigger LOL

yeah but for a person to spend that kinda money on that card do you really think they leave it air cooled?

if it were me i'd say " HELL NO!!! " i'd oc the life out of it and water cool the beast and my whole system just to show my friends whose dick is bigger LOL

Well some people want to put this in a custom water cooled build or somehow don't trust watercooling. This is a great solution for that.

Well some people want to put this in a custom water cooled build or somehow don't trust watercooling. This is a great solution for that.

idk I don't think anyone dropping $1500 doesn't trust water cooling because they are obviously an enthusiast.

idk I don't think anyone dropping $1500 doesn't trust water cooling because they are obviously an enthusiast.

Slick doesnt like water cooling

Slick doesnt like water cooling

he does mineral oil built.... you're comparing a genius to a enthusiast.

hmmmmmm?

If you don't have an already implemented liquid cooling solution integrating one specifically for the gpu can be challenging and unwanted. This will work out of the box, all you need to do is fit it in the case (good luck xD) and plug the power cables and you're golden. if you can deal with the sag (oh man will it sag)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You'd be surprised. I'm not expecting this to run any hotter than the reference designs, it may run a few degrees cooler actually.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

If you don't have an already implemented liquid cooling solution integrating one specifically for the gpu can be challenging and unwanted. This will work out of the box, all you need to do is fit it in the case (good luck xD) and plug the power cables and you're golden. if you can deal with the sag (oh man will it sag)

The Sag! They really need to start looking at a support beam attached to the expansion bracket for these things.

Holy dear God this is absolutely beastly

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

The Sag! They really need to start looking at a support beam attached to the expansion bracket for these things.

not if you use it in a aerocool dead silence it's like the prodigy the GPU wont sag as much hehehe

not if you use it in a aerocool dead silence it's like the prodigy the GPU wont sag as much hehehe

I take it the prodigy is a bra., but I won't ask why you know it stops sagging. :P

I take it the prodigy is a bra., but I won't ask why you know it stops sagging. :P

French scientists confirmed that bras actually make them sag more lol

It baffles me how pc case manifacturers still haven't figured out a way of having some sort of adjustable support for long graphics cards. I mean, sagging has been a problem since aftermarket coolers became a thing. Even if asus and others use backplates to alleviate the problem, without something inside the case those are just partial solutions. How hard would it be to just throw in a low profile removable support in new cases?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It baffles me how pc case manifacturers still haven't figured out a way of having some sort of adjustable support for long graphics cards. I mean, sagging has been a problem since aftermarket coolers became a thing. Even if asus and others use backplates to alleviate the problem, without something inside the case those are just partial solutions. How hard would it be to just throw in a low profile removable support in new cases?

Don't prevent it, wait till it becomes a problem then offer expensive 3rd party fixes, cash in then make a revision.

I know what you mean, I could probably solder support onto it, I also question why they still haven't bothered coming up with a solution.

This GPU is literally too LONG to fit in my case. My case supports card up to 315 mm with the HDD Cage removed. 

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

You know what's funny, my current PC costs less that this GPU. 

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A