LAN in Colorado next month?

Okay so I have always thought it would be huge fun to meet the LMG crew someday, come to find out last night during the WAN show that they are going to the "HighLANder" event in the state I live in! Logan and the Tek guys are to be there as well, and Austin too?!?!

I was instantly stoked and then got a bit worried, for I am flying to LA for a few days to hang with my brother over the third weekend in July. It would not surprise me if that is exactly the date of the LAN, my luck seems to work that way. :'(

I have no desire to play games up there, nor do I even give a hoot what they are playing...but boy I will be bummed if I miss the perfect opportunity to meet the YT tech squads I watch on the reg. I am so ready to cruise up into the mountains at a "brisk" pace in the turbo Eclipse on a beatiful weekend day, please let this be a possibility!

Anyone know the dates? I searched for it and couldn't find anything.

OT: It is funny they decided to call it the "High"LANder, CO just leagalized recreational marijuanana for adults, that just cracks me up. I know it is literally because of the altitude, but tehehe anyway :)

Damn it, why do I aleways have to miss the fun stuff :(. I move away and Colorado gets fun LAN parties

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Damn it, why do I aleways have to miss the fun stuff :(. I move away and Colorado gets fun LAN parties

Oh no, I feel your pain man! At least you officially are far away, I might miss it because of a flight I booked that could have been any weekend...

I might miss it because of a flight I booked that could have been any weekend...

Awe man, now that does suck :(

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Quakecon is in the middle of July,  I hope they push this out a little closer to fall.

Does anyone know the venue? 

Somewhere up Mt. Elbert I believe. It likely is in Leadville considering it is the only real town around that area that would have a big enough "venue" (I put in quotes because the city has only like 3000 people in it lol). The road from Aspen to Leadville (independence pass) is the highest paved pass in North America (just over 12,000ft/3660m at the continental divide)! Geez it pains me waiting to find out when this thing is, please someone chime in!

I live in Colorado and would love to go meet the guys. So what are there details? Can the public go to this? 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

I live in Colorado and would love to go meet the guys. So what are there details? Can the public go to this? 

My god I hope it is open to the public, I didn't even think about that! I know little about the event, I think Asus/ROG is a sponsor but I could not find any info on the ROG forums. Google and Bing have lead me nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...

mt elbert is only about 2 hrs from my house make sure you guys drink lots of water if you get dehydrated at high altitude your gonna get sick. Thats the mistake most people make when they come up here.

My god I hope it is open to the public, I didn't even think about that! I know little about the event, I think Asus/ROG is a sponsor but I could not find any info on the ROG forums. Google and Bing have lead me nowhere.

do we know if it is open to the public or not for sure? would totally make the drive up if it is

do we know if it is open to the public or not for sure? would totally make the drive up if it is

Nope, not a public event. It originally sounded like a big LAN party, but it appears to be a bunch of the YT tech teams hiking up mt. Elbert with battery packs, keyboards and laptops!

Pretty awesome if you ask me, can't wait to see some of the videos and hear about it on the WAN show. I looked everywhere for info when it was announced, searching for info on Leadville's city page and ROG forums with nothing to be found...I should have seen the signs this was not a big event :) It was made clear on last weeks WAN show that this is not at all the format I expected when I first made this thread.

I just hope everyone has an awesome time, really looking forward to the vids! Have fun in CO LMG and YT friends alike!

Nope, not a public event. It originally sounded like a big LAN party, but it appears to be a bunch of the YT tech teams hiking up mt. Elbert with battery packs, keyboards and laptops!

Pretty awesome if you ask me, can't wait to see some of the videos and hear about it on the WAN show. I looked everywhere for info when it was announced, searching for info on Leadville's city page and ROG forums with nothing to be found...I should have seen the signs this was not a big event :) It was made clear on last weeks WAN show that this is not at all the format I expected when I first made this thread.

I just hope everyone has an awesome time, really looking forward to the vids! Have fun in CO LMG and YT friends alike!

that really sucks that its not open to the public. oh well guess will have to wait for the videos to be posted :(

that really sucks that its not open to the public. oh well guess will have to wait for the videos to be posted :(

I hear you, but in all honesty, it makes a lot of sense. With 20/20 hindsight, it would have been silly for a dozen or so youtubers (some very lightly associated with gaming in general) to come to CO of all places to hang out at a random LAN party. I was excited, but there are hundreds of thousands of subscribers that would WTF at the notion of their favorite personalities going to seemingly the middle of nowhere to play some Titanfall in an old building up in Leadville.

This format should allow all of them to produce some really fun content, and I still think it is super cool that they are coming to CO at all. I love Colorado and hope they get something genuinely positive out of this beautiful state during the short time they are here.

I hear you, but in all honesty, it makes a lot of sense. With 20/20 hindsight, it would have been silly for a dozen or so youtubers (some very lightly associated with gaming in general) to come to CO of all places to hang out at a random LAN party. I was excited, but there are hundreds of thousands of subscribers that would WTF at the notion of their favorite personalities going to seemingly the middle of nowhere to play some Titanfall in an old building up in Leadville.

This format should allow all of them to produce some really fun content, and I still think it is super cool that they are coming to CO at all. I love Colorado and hope they get something genuinely positive out of this beautiful state during the short time they are here.

what we should ask for is where they do another collaborative effort, but this time rent out like an event center or something in denver and have a public lan party event. post a list of games, and those who come are expected to have them installed and ready to go. maybe see if some sponsors will throw in a few prizes or something. set up a couple small tournaments etc. it could be really fun to do a bigger lan party with the tech youtubers and the community.

Since it's called Highlander, I'm expecting duels to death with swords RAM sticks. There can be only one!

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

what we should ask for is where they do another collaborative effort, but this time rent out like an event center or something in denver and have a public lan party event. post a list of games, and those who come are expected to have them installed and ready to go. maybe see if some sponsors will throw in a few prizes or something. set up a couple small tournaments etc. it could be really fun to do a bigger lan party with the tech youtubers and the community.

That does sound like big fun! Unfortunately, I bet the likelihood of this happening here initially is very small. I would think LA, NYC, Vancouver, Seattle, Chicago and a hundred other cities have far more people within a reasonable distance that would be willing to participate in such an event.

Since it's called Highlander, I'm expecting duels to death with swords RAM sticks. There can be only one!

OMG that is hilarious. That right there and Toyota are the main reasons why it was so hard to find any info on HighLANder....no Google I am not looking for a damn new SUV! lol

That does sound like big fun! Unfortunately, I bet the likelihood of this happening here initially is very small. I would think LA, NYC, Vancouver, Seattle, Chicago and a hundred other cities have far more people within a reasonable distance that would be willing to participate in such an event.

LA and Seattle are to far west. NYC is to far east. vancouver is out of the US. chicago may be a good place its more center. that or maybe st louis. its kinda more center of US

Dammit, I am moving to Colorado in a month and Im missing the LAN too. If only I was moving a month earlier, so I could go to the LAN! xD