Why the Hype for Corsair RGB Keyboards?

Marvzl1357

I don't, which is why is not that appealing to me, to each its own I guess. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing flashy pimped builds(I'm in love with the Sabranco), but still for me I prefer performance over good looking. This keyboard doesn't add anything to my daily use, so like I said is pretty much useless to me.

But, I see the point of this keyboard, I respect those who will buy it, it's your money after all.  :)

^my thoughts exactly.

I mean, I bought a roccat kone xtd with the lights on the side of the mouse, but I got it because I didn't already have a proper mouse.

But since I can, I went about setting my different mouse profiles for each game, and while I was doing that, I thought I might as well set up lighting profiles, because I can.

So actually, maybe I do see a use for RGB keyboards, and that is if someone doesn't already have a mechanical keyboard and wants to get one, then getting these would just give an added "bonus" of being able to change lights. 

But if you already have a mechanical keyboard, then I see no reason for the hype, and from my guesstimates, a large majority of the hype would be coming from the gaming/tech community who probably already have a mechanical keyboard each. 

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

my wifes computer has all purple leds, with a purple lit mouse. she also wants a mechanical keyboard, that is not red, but purple. currently its the only one that actually does purple to her knowlage. i hate purple

Tesoro Lobera Supreme has multiple-colour LEDs and purple bits, while the Tesoro Tizona is a TKL keyboard with just the purple bits.

Edit: The Lobera's capslock/scrlock LEDs are perma-white. I think the Tizona ones are purple, though.

Because apparently a lot of people love having a christmas tree on their desks, including me  :P

But seriously, it's all about aesthetics, nothing more. I'd love to be able to match up the color scheme of my entire system with just a click of a button, well not exactly the entire system but you know what I mean  :D

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

Because... awesome?

Ad5tG.gif

Because... awesome?

Welcome to the forum. 

Indeed, awesome! :) 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

because its over due and some people who run digital lighting systems might want a lighting system for their lighting system pc. :P

Welcome to the forum. 

Indeed, awesome! :)

Thanks. About time I posted...

Supposedly it's going to use electronic billboard microcontrollers to control the LEDs, so anything you could program into a billboard you could program into the RGB

This is what caught my attention, Imagine starting a game and it displaying a lowres logo or word then switching to your specific profile with things like macro groups lit up in different colors.Its purely just for that cool factor. They already charge a boat load for mechanical keyboards so this one does not seem that crazy to me.

Call me back when a keypad like the Orbweaver or G13 uses rgb backlighting.

I see more use in color coordinating the keys on a keypad (Better indication of key placement) as opposed to a keyboard, where the keys are going to be the same lest they suddenly launched a dvorak variation (Then again, the color coding could be helpful for people running software to make their Qwerty keyboards into Dvoraks, though key caps/stickers are better options.).

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Call me back when a keypad like the Orbweaver or G13 uses rgb backlighting.

I see more use in color coordinating the keys on a keypad (Better indication of key placement) as opposed to a keyboard, where the keys are going to be the same lest they suddenly launched a dvorak variation (Then again, the color coding could be helpful for people running software to make their Qwerty keyboards into Dvoraks, though key caps/stickers are better options.).

I never look at my Orbweaver so I dont think that would apply really but different colors would be cool for different profiles.

I never look at my Orbweaver so I dont think that would apply really but different colors would be cool for different profiles.

It would actually apply in my case, seeing as I would want to have movement keys colored differently from ability keys, and vice versa. And yes, it would really be nice for different profiles (Have been using that functionality to death on my Rival).

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

It would actually apply in my case, seeing as I would want to have movement keys colored differently from ability keys, and vice versa. And yes, it would really be nice for different profiles (Have been using that functionality to death on my Rival).

I like it for different profiles just so I know for sure in case i think it might not be. As for movement I just the thumbstick because why waste three fingers on what my one thumb can do.

I like it for different profiles just so I know for sure in case i think it might not be. As for movement I just the thumbstick because why waste three fingers on what my one thumb can do.

I like keys because my left thumb can take a chill. There are times when it does get "stressed" when under heavy controller use, causing me to do something I didn't want to do and other jitter-jatter,

I like keys because my left thumb can take a chill. There are times when it does get "stressed" when under heavy controller use, causing me to do something I didn't want to do and other jitter-jatter,

I do not have this issue, im guessing you play a TON of games.

I do not have this issue, im guessing you play a TON of games.

Good platformers and action games will do this to you. :P

1. The bling is nice. Everything else neing equal I would chose bling over no bling.

2. As I understand it, I can program not only the LEDs, but the keys themselves. So I can swap CNTL, with CAPS LOCK

without mucking around with my OS settings.

3. Hopefully the programming is flexible enough so that I can use the keyboard for notifications.

If a program I'm comping ends, flash the keypad red.

If I get an email from the boss, flash the function keys yellow.

Etc.

1. The bling is nice. Everything else neing equal I would chose bling over no bling.2. As I understand it, I can program not only the LEDs, but the keys themselves. So I can swap CNTL, with CAPS LOCKwithout mucking around with my OS settings.3. Hopefully the programming is flexible enough so that I can use the keyboard for notifications. If a program I'm comping ends, flash the keypad red. If I get an email from the boss, flash the function keys yellow. Etc.

LEDs are not being, bling is bling. Get yourself some metal keycaps.

Yea that was rumored but never confirmed and corsair never talks about that part. Its program the LEDs like this program then like that, bla bla bla.

I doubt that will be native as something would have to be a go between those programs and the keyboard. It could probably be done though since the board as that scripting. You would likely have to develop a program to do just that though.