WHAT PUMPS

Evening all

What pumps are everyone using? recommendations?

Would have to power a 900D Loop.

i was thinking a http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-103-AQ&groupid=962&catid=2141

Thanks

"Guardianship of all living things lies with those whose evolution is most complete. The Mantle of Responsibility shelters all."

Why do you need to know what kind of pump we're usi- OHHHHHHHHHHHHH... that kind of pump..

Swiftech MCP-655 is what Linus Recommends 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Swiftech MCP-655 is what Linus Recommends 

The MCP-655 is a re-branded Laing D5 vario, nothing more, nothing less. All Laing D5 Varios are the same.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I'm using an alphacool Laing D5 Vario rebrand with a pump top.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

As is evident with the replies so far, most people use D5 pumps and specifically the D5 vario version, I do as well. Dont worry about the brand though as they are all pretty much the same Laing pump. Could also consider a DDC pump as they are a bit smaller and have better head pressure but they also run hotter and louder and sometimes people actually fit heatsinks to them to dissipate the heat more efficiently. 

Sorry cant comment on the one you have linked. 

I use a XSPC X20 750 v4  :(

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

The MCP-655 is a re-branded Laing D5 vario, nothing more, nothing less. All Laing D5 Varios are the same.

Yea but the swiftech one is what he uses so I just threw that in there

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Any D5 pump. The D5 is the best.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yea but the swiftech one is what he uses so I just threw that in there

That doesn't matter. Imagine two companies selling the same product under a different name. That's exactly what's happening. The only thing they can offer that's different is a different pump top which linus doesn't even use for whatever reason.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

That doesn't matter. Imagine two companies selling the same product under a different name. That's exactly what's happening. The only thing they can offer that's different is a different pump top which linus doesn't even use for whatever reason.

There's minor differences.... like the fan rpm cable that Alphacool has and Swiftech doesn't

I know but linus uses the swiftech one so he doesn't recommened others even if it the same thing

There's minor differences.... like the fan rpm cable that Alphacool has and Swiftech doesn't

Every pump has a pad the you can solder your own wire to. The pump is still exactly the same. You will probably pay more for that wire.

I cant figure out pumps either. Its hard to tell what actually constitutes the entire pump in a ready to use state. all kinds of tops....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

D5 or DDC. Pick one

+1 - Swiftech MCP655 and MCP35x pumps are the same thing if the op gets confused. 

you can do alot with these pumps including switching pump tops and adding them to many reservoir configurations.

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block