Ubisoft and NVIDIA Team Up On Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 And More

digitalnav

I could careless about Nvidia v. AMD, or Gameworks. I'm just tired of developers launching a product that is not finished, and having to put out multiple patches to improve the experience or fix the game. It's happening way too often in PC games, and I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for a "fix" that takes multiple patches, and multiple weeks. 

I could careless about Nvidia v. AMD, or Gameworks. I'm just tired of developers launching a product that is not finished, and having to put out multiple patches to improve the experience or fix the game. It's happening way too often in PC games, and I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for a "fix" that takes multiple patches, and multiple weeks. 

Yeah, especially when the game is delayed for so long...

If this is anything like watchdogs they can keep ther stupid ports... they dont work!

Both AMD,Nvidia drivers are on par with eachother now. In the olden days yes AMD drivers sucked (5000 series) but they are fine now. What normally happens is Nvidia boast about higher FPS in game but a week later AMD produce an on par driver so who really cares... Who buys games on launch now anyway? (looking at you broken watchdogs)  :rolleyes:

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

So many people overreacting, I mean this has been done for many years under several guises: "the way it's meant to be played", "Gameworks", "Gaming Evolved" etc. 

Indeed.  So many young kids on this thread running their mouths not knowing the history.

Let me attach this image to show just how long hardware-specific optimizations have been going on:

videotst.jpg

Indeed.  So many young kids on this thread running their mouths not knowing the history.

Let me attach this image to show just how long hardware-specific optimizations have been going on:

videotst.jpg

OMG Win 2000, such a horrible OS, but then came XP ^_^ 98 was good aswell!

Watch Dogs had a shaky launch but Ubisoft really doesnt have any bad games.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Got a good point there, i got loads of Ubisoft Tom clancy games on ps2 and 3 they were all good fun!

I guess I'm a young kid considering I've never even seen a 3DFX card IRL and I'm 21 and a few weeks xD. But yeah it's definitely nothing new.

A lot of mediocre and disappointing/overhyped games lately though. I guess I can find one if I thought about it for a while but, yeah, overall they have a better track record than a lot of large producers... now if only they got rid of UPlay...

I guess I'm a young kid considering I've never even seen a 3DFX card IRL and I'm 21 and a few weeks xD. But yeah it's definitely nothing new.

A lot of mediocre and disappointing/overhyped games lately though. I guess I can find one if I thought about it for a while but, yeah, overall they have a better track record than a lot of large producers... now if only they got rid of UPlay...

Uplay is a bit of crap, they probably only done it because EA done origin!

The amount of games that support PhysX is kinda dumb.

List of games which use PhysX:

1. Daylight
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. Warframe
  4. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  5. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
  6. Hawken
  7. Depth Hunter
  8. Borderlands 2
  9. The Secret World
  10. Metro: Last Light
  11. Planetside 2
  12. Batman: Arkham City
  13. Deep Black: Reloaded
  14. Mafia II
  15. Metro 2033
  16. Alice: Madness Returns
  17. Shattered Horizon
  18. Terminator Salvation
  19. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  20. Darkest of Days
  21. Dark Void
  22. Mirror's Edge
  23. U-WARS
  24. Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
  25. MKZ
  26. Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
  27. MKZ
  28. Nurien
  29. Crazy Machines 2
  30. Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason
  31. Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Awesomeness & epicness of PhysX which AMD users doesn't have:

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

1. Daylight
  3. Warframe
  5. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.....

What is PhysX?

What is PhysX?

Asus OCll HD 7790 1 gb

Buy Nvidia card and you will understand :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Asus OCll HD 7790 1 gb

Buy Nvidia card and you will understand :D

I don't have the money, however I can still play all those games you mentioned at 40 fps in high settings with a cheap card, will physx make a difference?

Well at the very least mantle forced M$ to announce DX12. So that's win win for us somehow. But gameworks? We won't get anything from that thing.

I asked this couple of times, but no one answered - how did AMD force Microsoft to announce DX12 with Mantle?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I don't have the money, however I can still play all those games you mentioned at 40 fps in high settings with a cheap card, will physx make a difference?

Nope.

Nope

nvidia cards perform bit better at launch

Read: still a few thousand % worse than what they should be able to do when I look at the games. It's not normal that a system that runs BF4 on ultra at 120+ fps has to run watch dogs under 60 fps.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

1. Daylight
  3. Warframe
  5. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

(...)

You named two games twice. So only 29 games over the course of a decade. Most of the games use the CPU to process PhysX, not the gfx. Pretty useless. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

What is PhysX?

It was a physical add on card you had to buy and install next to your graphics card back in 2004. It was then acquired by nvidia as a proprietary tech, that was implemented in their own graphics cards. The proprietarity of the thing, meant that it would not be implemented in either AMD based pc's or any consoles (at least not the advanced version). Instead the open Havok engine, that could be implemented in all the things, without any performance hit between AMD7Nvidia, became the de facto standard. In borderlands 2 for instance, Advanced PhysX is only used to make some acid look 3D'ish and completely out of style with the game, and to make some fabric hanging down buildings, move in the wind. The rest is CPU based, and runs equally on AMD. Nothing particularly interesting.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro