Microphone budget?

Legenderys

I want to buy a microphone but i want it to be cheap and practicall...

I learned about modmic and zalman zm mic 1... but i still don't know....

what's you opinion?

Modmic tends to be out of stock way too many times and I own a Zalman mic. The quality is ok for what you pay for it. Not as good as my Snowball mic that died, but good enough and isn't that bulky. The wire is very long, though.

What's your budget? I'm currently using the ATR 2100 and couldn't be happier. Got it for about $50

15-30€

Modmic tends to be out of stock way too many times and I own a Zalman mic. The quality is ok for what you pay for it. Not as good as my Snowball mic that died, but good enough and isn't that bulky. The wire is very long, though.

so what do you propose?

I want to buy a microphone but i want it to be cheap and practicall...

I learned about modmic and zalman zm mic 1... but i still don't know....

what's you opinion?

There are plenty of cheap condenser mics on amazon that are good value, like the behringer C1

or perhaps a nice lavelier mic like that AT 3350

It depends how you want it mounted, like a headset? desk mic? pinned to your shirt? 

Your budget, $20, $50 $100, and how much you value sound quality, and thigns like background noise

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What headphones are you using? It may be easy to do a simple mod with the Zalman to make it sound great.

post-2468-0-40786300-1400627345.png

post-2468-0-40786300-1400627345.png

so what do you propose?

I've only had experience with the zalman mic, but I got it for dirt cheap and it's a decent mic. The only problem I can think of is that by default, the volume is very low. You're going to want to turn boost up in Windows for people to actually hear you. I've wanted a mod mic myself when my Snowball died, but as I said, always out of stock so I grabbed the Zalman one. Got mine also because I had a few dollars of Amazon credit on my account so I grabbed it for under 10usd.

For a little more expensive, you can pick up this which is what I have, http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2500-USB-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B004QJREXM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1401897734&sr=8-5&keywords=audio+technica+mic

For an audio sample while playing in game click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvKNwq82ug

Here is one that is a little more in your price range: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Textured/dp/B000EOPQ7E/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1401897927&sr=1-10&keywords=microphone

Also, what do you plan on doing with the mic, record gameplay commentaries such as I, or do you plan to use it mainly for skype calls etc?

*All links U.S.

Competitive Gamer, Dedicated YouTuber: http://youtube.com/Snodemo | http://Twitter.com/Snodemo

What headphones are you using? It may be easy to do a simple mod with the Zalman to make it sound great.

Lol :P thats gooood

For a little more expensive, you can pick up this which is what I have, http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2500-USB-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B004QJREXM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1401897734&sr=8-5&keywords=audio+technica+mic

For an audio sample while playing in game click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvKNwq82ug

Here is one that is a little more in your price range: http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Textured/dp/B000EOPQ7E/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1401897927&sr=1-10&keywords=microphone

Also, what do you plan on doing with the mic, record gameplay commentaries such as I, or do you plan to use it mainly for skype calls etc?

*All links U.S.

i prefer a microphone that will stand on my headphones

i'm using superlux hd 558B

i'm using superlux hd 558B

Yeah, you should be able to do it with that. Just take a ziptie, zip it around the plug at the headphone end, put some tape around the tip (thick enough for the zalman to clip to) and you're set.

Yeah, you should be able to do it with that. Just take a ziptie, zip it around the plug at the headphone end, put some tape around the tip (thick enough for the zalman to clip to) and you're set.

but has zalman good audio quality?

is there a video explaining how exactly     are you doing this?

is there a video explaining how exactly are you doing this?

Not that I know of, but it's really easy.

Not that I know of, but it's really easy.

i cant see the zip-tie in the photo you uploaded

i cant see the zip-tie in the photo you uploaded

It's the thing the Mic is attached to. You can see the square zip part on the black part of the headphone cable.

There are plenty of cheap condenser mics on amazon that are good value, like the behringer C1

or perhaps a nice lavelier mic like that AT 3350

It depends how you want it mounted, like a headset? desk mic? pinned to your shirt? 

Your budget, $20, $50 $100, and how much you value sound quality, and thigns like background noise

Do you know of a good 3.5mm mic that will plug into my Ax 180? Something that isn't like a wire, I want to be able to bend it and it stays in that position. + I want something like Caradoid so it blocks out back round noise and my cherry mx blues :D. ty

Do you know of a good 3.5mm mic that will plug into my Ax 180? Something that isn't like a wire, I want to be able to bend it and it stays in that position. + I want something like Caradoid so it blocks out back round noise and my cherry mx blues :D. ty

I use my blue yeti in cardioid mode with abuot 1/3 gain, you can hear people typing upstairs lol

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii