EU will invest 700 milion € into research and development of robots

WereCat

Hi, sorry if repost (havent seen it here)

Source: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-619_en.htm

EU commision informed 3. June 2014 that there will be starting new project called SPARC that will focus on research and development of robots. They are partner of euRobotics which associates 180 companies and research organisations focused on robotics.

EU will invest 700 million € and euRobotics 2.1 billion €. Focus will be on reaserch and development of robots for agriculture, health, transport, civil security and households. The aim is not only to increase usage of robots in the EU but also to improve EU's position in the production of robots.

Right now 35% of robots are manufactured in EU and thanks to this project we should expect to raise production to 42% before year 2020.

This project will supposedly create 240 thousand new working places.

100000000000070600000AD41D6CECF5.jpg

Sorry for my english.

I think this is awesome news. Go EU! (I dont like them very much but sometimes they can really surprise me in a good way).

This is pretty awesome.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

But not solar noooo...

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

The sad part is they will take more and more of our jobs,the dangerous ones and life saving are fine,but taking over all industries will suck,if we ever have a robots revolution and they become good and smart enough we will be in trouble lol.New jobs will be made in the robotics industry for people but that wont be enough and plus few people are educated enough to work in such environments.

Anyway robots are awesome.

Oh that's just f***ing great.. Unemployment is already a major issue and they want to replace more jobs with robots...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't want robots taking people's places.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.