3570k - Asus P8Z77-V Can't disable overclock

dukky

I previously had my 3570k overclocked to 4.2 ghz. I recently reset the bios settings, putting the turbo multiplier to auto and in the bios it says frequency 3800mhz (rather than 4200 before). However, in windows I am still getting 4.2ghz turbo.

I did have overclocking software (AI Suite) installed but have disabled it.

Any ideas?

Did you save your bios after? :P but did you just reset the turbo and shit or did you reset your whole bios?

I used the "load optimised defaults" option, and yes I have saved my bios and reset multiple times. I have a feeling the load optimised default doesn't reset everything, however the cpu radio is definitely set to auto and the max turbo frequency at the top says 3800Mhz. I could probably manually set it to 38 but it's a bit annoying I can't get back to the default behavior. 

Possibly taking the cmos battery out and completely resetting bios will do the trick so I may try that.

On ASUS boards, in the advanced section of the BIOS, look for an Overclock Profile tab. Your OC sounds like it was saved as a profile and the BIOS is loading that one as your default. 

3.8ghz is the stock turbo voltage on a 3570k. If you want 3.4ghz like the stock speed then disable Intel turbo boost in your bios, though it doesn't matter if it's on. It's within spec of the i5 to turbo up to that speed, it's not going to cause you any problems :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |