Downsampling

evilmeister13

I have a 750 ti, and was wondering about down sampling. I'm playing games such as titanfall, battlefield 3/4, and crysis 3. Would i notice much of a difference between 1080p and 1440p? Or would I need to go higher? If I need to go higher, do you think my card could still manage it on high/ultra settings for these games? I know the higher resolution the resolution the less AA I'll need.

Don't even try 1440p on that GPU. Also why would you need to downsample when those games have AA? Downsampling is only useful when a game doesn't have an AA setting

I have a 750 ti, and was wondering about down sampling. I'm playing games such as titanfall, battlefield 3/4, and crysis 3. Would i notice much of a difference between 1080p and 1440p? Or would I need to go higher? If I need to go higher, do you think my card could still manage it on high/ultra settings for these games? I know the higher resolution the resolution the less AA I'll need.

I highly doubt a 750 ti could manage 1440p on any of those titles with high/ultra settings.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

With the 750ti the amount you would have to lower settings at the higher resolutions would just negate the effects in the first place. Stick with 1080p.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Your gpu hardly manages them in 1080p

Curing shitposts by shitposts

With the 750ti the amount you would have to lower settings at the higher resolutions would just negate the effects in the first place. Stick with 1080p.

So pixel density > AA in terms of how hard it will push my gpu?

I get a nice 45-60 fps depending on the game.

So pixel density > AA in terms of how hard it will push my gpu?

I'm not sure, I was just thinking along the lines that you can probably play on medium-high at 1080p, but if you go up to 1440p (4k would probably be unplayable under any conditions) you'll probably have to end up playing on low settings. You can always try it to see what looks better. I would personally really only consider down sampling if you could max out the resolution you're down sampling from, that's just me though.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

That's not true, it can do high settings in most games at 1080p, probably medium in the most demanding ones.

I get a nice 45-60 fps depending on the game.

And in order to downsample games like that you need a gpu with real power, that constantly runs at 70-80-ish fps.

That way when you downsample instead of going from 45-60fps to 30-45fps you go from 70-80fps to 45-60fps.

I'd say to downsample those titles with decent settings you need at least a GTX 770 or R9 280X

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552