Custom loop or 2x Kraken x60s (cpu & gpu) ?

As title states. I'm gonna be getting some extra cash flow atm so wanting to know opinions on either route, pros and cons please.

Case is a switch 810

and it's my 1st time watercooling

Regards

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Doing the 2 krakens will be easier and will perform close to a custom at a lot cheaper price tag however if you feel upto it, a custom loop looks way cooler and you can say you did a custom loop.

If you do go with the prefilled, you do not have to get that good of a cooler on the GPU, I put an H105 on my 780 overclocked and it hardly hits 40c with the stock thermal paste that came on it that was not seated to well. A gpu does not give off nearly as much heat.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

@Noctus

well firstly alot of people will say upgrade the GPU first as getting a fullcover block for that card will be difficult. and now the pros and cons for the watercooling part.

PROS FOR CUSTOM LOOP OVER AIO:

expandability as you can add more radiators.

with the more radiators you can have a quieter system.

better temps due to copper radiators over aluminium.

it looks alot better and more customization on looks.

CONS FOR CUSTOM LOOP OVER AIO:

its alot more expensive.

you have to do maintenance.

can be hard to get the parts you want.

if you get a universal block for the GPU it will be the same as getting the AIOs as you will still have to aircool the memory and the VRMs but if you want to water cool the whole card it will be alot better to get the custom loop

the minimum radiator space for a CPU and GPU loop would be for a custom loop is 3x120 or 3x140 depends on the fans you wish to choose

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Custom loops are a big hastle to deal with, all the building, filling, emptying, cleaning, refilling, and chances of leaks :(

If you want something quick, easy, and cheap just get the AiOs

If you really have the time patience and money for a custom loop, they you can get better looks/performance with that

BTW it is more difficult and dangerous to move a system with a custom loop in it. You are almost guaranteed that the AiOs will not spill even if you drop the computer :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Custom loops are a big hastle to deal with, all the building, filling, emptying, cleaning, refilling, and chances of leaks :(

If you want something quick, easy, and cheap just get the AiOs

If you really have the time patience and money for a custom loop, they you can get better looks/performance with that

BTW it is more difficult and dangerous to move a system with a custom loop in it. You are almost guaranteed that the AiOs will not spill even if you drop the computer :P

If you drop your PC whether you pilll some Liquid or not will csertainly be the last of your worries !!

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

Doing the 2 krakens will be easier and will perform close to a custom at a lot cheaper price tag however if you feel upto it, a custom loop looks way cooler and you can say you did a custom loop.

If you do go with the prefilled, you do not have to get that good of a cooler on the GPU, I put an H105 on my 780 overclocked and it hardly hits 40c with the stock thermal paste that came on it that was not seated to well. A gpu does not give off nearly as much heat.

@Noctus

well firstly alot of people will say upgrade the GPU first as getting a fullcover block for that card will be difficult. and now the pros and cons for the watercooling part.

PROS FOR CUSTOM LOOP OVER AIO:

expandability as you can add more radiators.

with the more radiators you can have a quieter system.

better temps due to copper radiators over aluminium.

it looks alot better and more customization on looks.

CONS FOR CUSTOM LOOP OVER AIO:

its alot more expensive.

you have to do maintenance.

can be hard to get the parts you want.

if you get a universal block for the GPU it will be the same as getting the AIOs as you will still have to aircool the memory and the VRMs but if you want to water cool the whole card it will be alot better to get the custom loop

the minimum radiator space for a CPU and GPU loop would be for a custom loop is 3x120 or 3x140 depends on the fans you wish to choose

Well if i was going with the krakens i was planning to get the Kraken G10 GPU cover as well. Thought's ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Well if i was going with the krakens i was planning to get the Kraken G10 GPU cover as well. Thought's ?

if you use the G10 bracket that will only water cool the GPU while the VRMs and memory will be air cooled

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

If your not constrained by your budget definetely the custom loop it may be more expensive but its gonna make a difference, If you can get something some a H220 or Glacer for the bottom rad and a nice 360 up top its gonna make a difference.