What Kind of Spray Paint?

Luckris

I'm looking to paint a TJ07 soon. I want to do a matte black finish, but textured. Kinda like a power coat, but with spray paint. What would I be looking for?

for reference something like Linus' build

linus build was painted by a professional, i dont think canned paint is able to do that

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

linus build was painted by a professional, i dont think canned paint is able to do that

I don't know either. There might be some way I could do it, but I'm not sure. Never really spray painted anything. 

You can *KINDA* achieve that. Spray 10 layers of paint, but each layer extremely thin, so you only lay a few spots on the surface, like you can still see what was there before. This can create a textured finish. And i recommend Montana Colors (94 paint for that, it's matte. Or Montana Cans Black lineof sprays, if you have a graffiti shop around.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

You can *KINDA* achieve that. Spray 10 layers of paint, but each layer extremely thin, so you only lay a few spots on the surface, like you can still see what was there before. This can create a textured finish. And i recommend Montana Colors (94 paint for that, it's matte. Or Montana Cans Black lineof sprays, if you have a graffiti shop around.

Alright. I know painting takes time and care so I might try that. I just thought though; What If I just used paint people use to paint a wall? That comes in textures. At least one of my bathroom walls has a ripple texture on it. I also know nothing about how that works! :P 

Linus powder coated his case, which is not the same things as spray paint. To achieve the same look you will have to get it power coated by professionals. 

Quote me to get a reply!

Linus powder coated his case, which is not the same things as spray paint. To achieve the same look you will have to get it power coated by professionals. 

Not trying to get the exact same look. Just something textured if I can. Kinda bored with plain smooth cases. 

Don't ruin a case with tacky spray paint. If you want a different look, but don't want to get it powdercoated, coat it in plastidip.

Don't ruin a case with tacky spray paint. If you want a different look, but don't want to get it powdercoated, coat it in plastidip.

Look at that! Never seen that before. I'ma buy tons of it and go crazy! :D 

Look at that! Never seen that before. I'ma buy tons of it and go crazy! :D

You could dip your case and even apply stuff like metalizer to add silverflake ect. if you wish.

You could dip your case and even apply stuff like metalizer to add silverflake ect. if you wish.

Thanks a ton! :D 

Going to get that for sure, see if I can experiment on my current case first. This makes painting 100% easier! 

I've used VHT wrinkle paint to do a valve cover much like this honda one

valvecover49aq.jpg

you do have to bake it to get a tight wrinkle. I think if you leave it alone to air dry it will only be wavy and lumpy. I used a BBQ because I didn't want to deal with the fumes in my house for a few days. 

I've used VHT wrinkle paint to do a valve cover much like this honda one

valvecover49aq.jpg

you do have to bake it to get a tight wrinkle. I think if you leave it alone to air dry it will only be wavy and lumpy. I used a BBQ because I didn't want to deal with the fumes in my house for a few days. 

oh wow. Putting a PC case on a BBQ would be a sight to see! Wish is was more simple to get great finishes like that. I think I'm just going to do the plastipaint and do a Green and black paint theme. I think there is one which is semi transparent so I can spray over my window on my PC and make it look tinted! :D