Corsair 350D Build (First Build)

BASIC INFO: So I've been looking to build a PC for some time now and I've now selected some parts that have peaked my interest.

USAGE: So what I'm going to be using this new PC for is for mostly gaming. I'm looking to play some pretty demanding games at least at medium to high video settings with 40 FPS+. I also do a bit of rendering and 3D work here and there. 

BUDGET: I'm looking to try and keep this build under $2000 AUD (Excluding software and peripherals)

P.S: This is my first build so I am a bit of a noob, so sorry if I make a few mistakes  ^_^

PC PART PICKER: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/YPJKcf

PARTS: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus GRYPHON Z87 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card

Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer

and all packed into a Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case.

I appreciate all criticism and comments on what you think about my build etc. Thanks  

This looks really good to me! Good luck on your first build and welcome to the forum!

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

@Dezzmon Welcome to the LTT Forum.

Overclocking your cpu will definitely help you gain faster rendering times. The build looks pretty beast.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

My 16GB Mushkin kit has tighter timings 9-9-9-27, higher frequency of 1866mhz and was sub 120usd when purchased last Feb. :T

I know RAM prices are still suck, but surely there are better 16GB kits that have more value. $205 for 1600mhz Cas10 is bad value.

The rest of the build is fine.

@wng_kingsley7 Hi, thanks for replying on my post! Thanks for the welcome and I'll probably look into overclocking :)

BASIC INFO: So I've been looking to build a PC for some time now and I've now selected some parts that have peaked my interest.

USAGE: So what I'm going to be using this new PC for is for mostly gaming. I'm looking to play some pretty demanding games at least at medium to high video settings with 40 FPS+. I also do a bit of rendering and 3D work here and there. 

BUDGET: I'm looking to try and keep this build under $2000 AUD (Excluding software and peripherals)

P.S: This is my first build so I am a bit of a noob, so sorry if I make a few mistakes  ^_^

PC PART PICKER: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/YPJKcf

PARTS: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus GRYPHON Z87 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card

Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer

and all packed into a Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case.

I appreciate all criticism and comments on what you think about my build etc. Thanks  

Welcome! also i would recommend getting a WD Black drive instead of blue, it's faster and since you will be installing games to it, it will help, but the rest of the build looks pretty monstrous

I've heard WD blacks are kind of obnoxious when it comes to noise. A WD blue is more than fine as a storage drive

Also, I just noticed OP is Australian..that explains the prices. Makes perfect sense now. Since Mushkin doesn't seem to be big down under, try seeing if this kit is available where you're at for a price cheaper than that Corsair kit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104363

Welcome to the forum! Your build looks an awfully lot like mine. :)

If you plan on overclocking, look into DDR3-1866. The price increase in small and you will benefit from it.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]