How do I connect my Xbox One to my PC?

Jamez Gamer

I tried but I don't know how to get it to work. Basically, the Xbox One has a HDMI output port, so I connected it to my PC HDMI port to play the Xbox One through my PC so that I could use my monitor and headphones when playing video games but it didn't work. I don't know how to connect the PC to the Xbox One using the HDMI cable. I seen some Youtube videos but they only covered capture cards for video recording which isn't something I'm doing, nevertheless they still outputted to the PC. How do I do this? I tried plugging in but it didn't work. I don't want to connect the console directly to the monitor because I want to use my PC to output the audio so that I can use my headset because for some reason the Xbox One doesn't come with a headphone jack in the console and one in the controller is for gaming headsets for communicating with people and only supports Xbox One headsets.

So I was wondering can I output from my Xbox One to my PC using the HDMI ouput port and a HDMI cable? If so, how??

Thanks.

Okay, so apparently the gist of it is this. I can output to my TV or my monitor. My TV has a headphone jack but my monitor does. Apparently I would need a video capture card in order to play through the PC, which I don't have. I want to use my headphones and my monitor with my Xbox One. What do I do?

Doesn't work like that... connect your xbone to your monitor via hdmi. Xbone has a pass through so you can plug you computer into it.

You need a capture card, PC HDMI ports that are on the system by default are outputs not inputs.

Unless you want to capture the Xbox gameplay, just connect the Xbox One directly to the display, and not to the PC at all.

Oh, chances are that your monitor has an audio output jack to plug headphones in.

Oh, chances are that your monitor has an audio output jack to plug headphones in.

No. The monitor is about 6 years old.

You need a capture card, PC HDMI ports that are on the system by default are outputs not inputs.

Unless you want to capture the Xbox gameplay, just connect the Xbox One directly to the display, and not to the PC at all.

Do you possible have a solution to connect my headphones directly or indirectly to the Xbox One some other way? I need to connect my headphones to the Xbox One somehow...

No. The monitor is about 6 years old.

Uh, that serves as a problem then. You need a capture card to connect a console to a pc.

Chances are? Apologies, but no, chances are not.

99% of monitors don't even have speakers, let alone have headphone jacks. Most TV's don't even have headphone jacks (though they usually have outputs of some kind, with the appropriate adapters to 3.5mm).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Chances are? Apologies, but no, chances are not.

99% of monitors don't even have speakers, let alone have headphone jacks. Most TV's don't even have headphone jacks (though they usually have outputs of some kind, with the appropriate adapters to 3.5mm).

I've seen dozens and dozens of monitors that have hdmi also have an audio jack

Doesn't work like that... connect your xbone to your monitor via hdmi. Xbone has a pass through so you can plug you computer into it.

Uh, that serves as a problem then. You need a capture card to connect a console to a pc.

I can connect my PC to my Xbox One and output my PC through my Xbox One but not the other way round  <_<

I can connect my PC to my Xbox One and output my PC through my Xbox One but not the other way round  <_<

Correct. This is because your PC's graphics card only has HDMI input.

You need to get a 3.5mm headphone adapter for the XBox One: http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset-adapter#fbid=yZLaUkqn7kg

Either that, or buy a capture card and deal with the increased latency of capturing the output to PC.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Correct. This is because your PC's graphics card only has HDMI input.

You need to get a 3.5mm headphone adapter for the XBox One: http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset-adapter#fbid=yZLaUkqn7kg

Either that, or buy a capture card and deal with the increased latency of capturing the output to PC.

I can output to my TV or to my monitor. My TV has a headphone port and my monitor does not. Can I somehow output audio through my TV and video through my monitor?

I can output to my TV or to my monitor. My TV has a headphone port and my monitor does not. Can I somehow output audio through my TV and video through my monitor?

You could connect video to one and audio to the other, assuming that:

1. You had the necessary RCA style analog cables for the XBox, and

2. The XBox outputs audio/video to all ports simultaneously (not necessarily the case)

My question is: Why? What kind of TV do you have? Presumably not an HDTV? Because if so, just use that man.

Unfortunately, there's just no easy way for you to do exactly what you want without buying an adapter or additional hardware.

You could connect video to one and audio to the other, assuming that:

1. You had the necessary RCA style analog cables for the XBox, and

2. The XBox outputs audio/video to all ports simultaneously (not necessarily the case)

My question is: Why? What kind of TV do you have? Presumably not an HDTV? Because if so, just use that man.

Unfortunately, there's just no easy way for you to do exactly what you want without buying an adapter or additional hardware.

Aw. I don't want to use my TV. The reason for this is because my headphone has a very short cable. This means that if I want to use my cable, I am uncomfortably close to my TV. It's a really big TV, so if I want to use my headphones, I have to get really, really close to my TV. The TV screen is really big so at that very short distance I end up getting too much glare off of the TV. It's so big that you have to be very far away to use it comfortably. That's why I don't want to use my headphones with my TV...