Is liquid cooling safe ?

Cheersmate
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

Yes and no. However that cooler is plenty adequate for a 7700 and you absolutely do not need an AIO. 

Why do you feel it isn’t up to the task? 

You can comfortably air cool a 7950x with a $35 Peerless Assassin 120. 

I recently bought a ryzen 7 7700 and my ıd cooling se 224 xt isnt enough for it.Im looking ad liquid cooling options and ı was wondering is they are safe.I should mention that ı dont install my own components and know nothing about maintaining or changing parts of a pc

Yes and no. However that cooler is plenty adequate for a 7700 and you absolutely do not need an AIO. 

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

What temps are you seeing with your current cooler?

There are larger air cooler options you can use too.

AIOs are generally pretty safe. The chance of failure that will leak liquid and destroy the system is very low. 

You really don't need liquid cooling, people usually get it mostly for looks, because there's a pretty small difference in the performance. Your best option is the thermalright peerless assasin 120se

1 hour ago, Cheersmate said:

know nothing about maintaining or changing parts of a pc

Then just get a better air cooler.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What temps are you seeing with your current cooler?

There are larger air cooler options you can use too.

AIOs are generally pretty safe. The chance of failure that will leak liquid and destroy the system is very low. 

50-60 on idle and around 80-88 on 3dmark timespy benchmark

2 minutes ago, MiszS said:

You really don't need liquid cooling, people usually get it mostly for looks, because there's a pretty small difference in the performance. Your best option is the thermalright peerless assasin 120se

I have seen that but ım worried it might not fit

Just now, Cheersmate said:

That's completely normal and no where near any sort of danger zone. Again, why do you believe what you have to be ineffective? 

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

1 minute ago, Cheersmate said:

80-88 is well within spec, what tempts do you see under max load. I'd probalby keep that current cooler or bump up fan speed.

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

That's completely normal and no where near any sort of danger zone. Again, why do you believe what you have to be ineffective? 

Because the case sits next to me on my desk and while it isnt in danger zone for cpu it is for me because ı really cant game when there is an almost 90 degrees small sun next to me

Because the case sits next to me on my desk and while it isnt in danger zone for cpu it is for me because ı really cant game when there is an almost 90 degrees small sun next to me

Sure you can. You arent gaming on top of your CPU core die.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

That's not how CPU temps work. The heat being transferred into the room is measured in Watts and for a relevant number to reference, you'd have to look at the CPU Package Power in HWiNFO or Ryzen Master. The temperature is just of the CPU die itself, its not directly related to the heat in the room, at least not in the way that you're thinking. 

If that was a 14900k at 300W but the die was only 75C, its dumping WAY more heat into the room than a little 7700 at 95c as the 7700 is probably pushing maybe 100W. (at max load)

Changing your cooler isn't going to affect the power (heat) being transferred into the room.

11 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

That is completely normal and safe temperatures for the Ryzen 7700... The ıd cooling se 224 xt is plenty enough for this CPU.

This CPU actually comes with a stock cooler that is worse than what you have on right now and the stock cooler is plenty.

You do NOT need to change the cpu cooler.

İll be looking at the pearless assassin model thanks for the info

17 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

İll be looking at the pearless assassin model thanks for the info

What is it that you feel the ID Cooling 224 XT you have is not doing that you want out of a new cooler?

Hey, you can lead a horse to water... 

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

What is it that you feel the ID Cooling 224 XT you have is not doing that you want out of a new cooler?

It gets way too loud and way too hot for my taste.

18 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

I have seen that but ım worried it might not fit

What case do you have? Its hard to know what will fit without knowing your case.

If it was me I would have undervolted it with PBO and tuned my fan curve to not be so aggressive first to see how it goes.

Now, Curve Optimizer undervolting takes some tinkering but if you can follow guides on youtube its not much of an issue.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What case do you have? Its hard to know what will fit without knowing your case.

It fits into the case as it supports 16cm coolers but ım pretty sure it might touch the gpu

How often do you run synthetic benchmarks?  Is it loud during normal operation / gaming ?

I can understand the noise but the temperatures are well within safe limits.

The AM5 / Ryzen 7000 series of CPU's are actually DESIGNED to run at 95c 24/7.  They try to hit 95c before limiting power or clockspeeds. 

The PA S120 is a good cooler and is well priced. If you want a quiter system then sure, go for it 🙂

But you might still see 'high' temperatures as this is what the CPU wants to do.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

How often do you run synthetic benchmarks?  Is it loud during normal operation / gaming ?

I can understand the noise but the temperatures are well within safe limits.

The AM5 / Ryzen 7000 series of CPU's are actually DESIGNED to run at 95c 24/7.  They try to hit 95c before limiting power or clockspeeds. 

The PA S120 is a good cooler and is well priced. If you want a quiter system then sure, go for it 🙂

But you might still see 'high' temperatures as this is what the CPU wants to do.

Its not just that it also jumps to over70+ degrees from 50s when ı do something simple like opening chrome etc.

Its not just that it also jumps to over70+ degrees from 50s when ı do something simple like opening chrome etc.

And what makes you think that is a problem? because none of the things you said so far is due to your cooler but the way these CPUs are designed.

That is also completely normal for this CPU architecture. The Ryzen 7000 jumps from 40-80 and back to 50 again all the time.

This is normal behaviour for the Ryzen 7000 series. You can't compare this CPU architecture with ANY other CPU's on the market.

They are very very different in terms of temperature limits etc.

It will do this with a Peerless Assassin SE120 as well.

5 minutes ago, Cheersmate said:

I can link you two videos explaining how these CPU's work in terms of temperatures if you want so you can learn.

One is a bit easier to understand and one is very technical. Let me know 🙂