Reply box vanishing on firefox mobile

Browser, version and OS: Firefox Mobile 126, Android 12

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Hit reply or try to type an answer.

What happened?

The text box vanishes and cannot type

What did you expect to happen?

Being able to write a reply

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

What do you mean by vanishes?

HTTP/2 203

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

WYSIWYG editor gets completely absent. No buttons, nowhere to input text. 

This has happened to me on various devices, but never long enough to bother me. Could be a cloudflare thing.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Can confirm that this sometimes happens on safari for macOS. Usually, reloading it or quoting someone fixes it

"The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it?
It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
–Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Seems to be ok now?

Was an issue for 3 days

Got a screencap

image.thumb.png.8de9dd4d1eb1f37088bd254907dabfbe.png

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

7 hours ago, Lightwreather said:

Got a screencap

image.thumb.png.8de9dd4d1eb1f37088bd254907dabfbe.png

Do you happen to know if the page had finished loading before you clicked into the editor?

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Do you happen to know if the page had finished loading before you clicked into the editor?

I'm fairly certain it was, but I'm too sure. 

It looked loaded, and I left idle for a couple minutes

Older stuff:

Spoiler

The editor has completely refused to show up on my laptop, I can't post at all with it. Refreshing the page, even with Ctrl F5 does not fix it. I'm posting this from my phone now, which is on the same WiFi network as my laptop.

PS: restarting the browser didn't help either

Possibly related console error:

Spoiler

2024-05-23.thumb.png.ab29000d08b277ed2170b0dcce9e2ef4.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

11 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

The editor has completely refused to show up on my laptop, I can't post at all with it. Refreshing the page, even with Ctrl F5 does not fix it. I'm posting this from my phone now, which is on the same WiFi network as my laptop.

PS: restarting the browser didn't help either

Possibly related console error:

Hide contents

2024-05-23.thumb.png.ab29000d08b277ed2170b0dcce9e2ef4.png

Interesting. Three questions:

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

content-enc-err.png.91bd7e96085c8920af13c08c57b510f8.png

I tried this on Chrome(not signed in) and it did work.

Also, on FF I have Container tabs set up and basically tabs in different containers are isolated. I have Personal and School set up as containers and I browse the forum on Personal. I accidentally accessed the link in the School container and it worked(not signed in to forums) so yeah that's weird I suppose.
Lastly, removing the "t=N8LF" part of the link at the end fixes it.

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Do you have an adblocker installed, and does disabling it help?

All I have is Privacy Badger, and disabling that made no difference.

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you post the output of https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace, with your IP address removed, at a time when it's not working?

cdn-cgi.png.0d040c14baff66b111eb729213b94ff7.png

Aaand now it's working again. I Ctrl F5'd the page and started to work again. I wonder if my browser was just showing me the cached stuff because removing the last part of the link probably made it work because it actually had to fetch the resource and not grab the cached one. But I don't know how the cache works really.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

19 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

content-enc-err.png.91bd7e96085c8920af13c08c57b510f8.png

I tried this on Chrome(not signed in) and it did work.

Also, on FF I have Container tabs set up and basically tabs in different containers are isolated. I have Personal and School set up as containers and I browse the forum on Personal. I accidentally accessed the link in the School container and it worked(not signed in to forums) so yeah that's weird I suppose.
Lastly, removing the "t=N8LF" part of the link at the end fixes it.

All I have is Privacy Badger, and disabling that made no difference.

cdn-cgi.png.0d040c14baff66b111eb729213b94ff7.png

Aaand now it's working again. I Ctrl F5'd the page and started to work again. I wonder if my browser was just showing me the cached stuff because removing the last part of the link probably made it work because it actually had to fetch the resource and not grab the cached one. But I don't know how the cache works really.

I suspect it was cached incorrectly in cloudflare, if ctrl+F5 fixed it, but please let me know if this happens again - if cloudflare catches are being corrupted, that is somewhat concerning.

HTTP/2 203