AMD Wouldnt...

12 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Also, your feeling is wrong. I have repaired old washing machines plenty of times, even coin operated machines.

notice the pronouns used here. I
who is I? Is I the manufacturer? nope. 

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

yes you have, but was the manufacturer of this old washing machine at all willing to provide anything for free?

Only a few appliance manufacturers have warranties that may cover that far, but my answer for my case is no. 

You see, it's not the fact that they don't do it for free, we all need to make money. As long as I can keep things going and the product does exactly what it needs to do and what it should do, everything is fine. We or just them make money from the repair.

Also, where are you going with this?

Is your washing machine broke? I'm not going to repair your washing machine for free.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

3 hours ago, jordanbuilds1 said:

i can see that, the only reason i was questioning it is because nvidia to this day still supports the 750 ti even tho it sucks in almost anything accept esports titles at low.

750 Ti is supported as the most basic display-out offering, it isn't getting gaming optimizations. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

9 hours ago, jordanbuilds1 said:

I think

AMD will definitely maintain support for products that they are still producing and supplying for manufacture of the end user product. Are you buying a GPU that is fresh out of the fab, or one that has been sitting in a warehouse or someone else's room for years?

I think

Expecting continued support for an out of production item released 7 years ago is unreasonable

I think

AMD has been exceptional in product support within its industry if you look at the AM4 platform

I think

that extending "support" for very many years is often perceived to be far more important that it actually is. I am using an X470 mobo that has stopped getting new BIOS updates for a long time. In fact the last few BIOS updates might not have made any difference for me at all. There has been no issues in usage, no loss of performance or functionality.

I think

With regards to processors and mainboards, the main benefit of "support" post release is the development of the firmware or driver to squeeze out every last bit of performance and eliminate reported issues.

I think

7 years of "support" is more than sufficient for the purpose stated above, and extending it will not yield much if at all.

7 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

Only a few appliance manufacturers have warranties that may cover that far, but my answer for my case is no. 

You see, it's not the fact that they don't do it for free, we all need to make money

and yet you expect free driver updates a decade after the release of a piece of hardware as if it's some kind of god-given right.

fact of the matter is that GPU support cycles are exceptionally long already, and that support cycle usually ends with a whql driver that will get you up and running for many years to come.

yea I want to stress, my 760, so one gen older then the 750ti, would still run in my PC fine, it just wont run new games. 

My dad is still dailying his PC with an ATI GPU. But he doesnt play games in general. 

ending GPU support does not damn you into buying a new GPU.

14 hours ago, Zando_ said:

750 Ti is supported as the most basic display-out offering, it isn't getting gaming optimizations. 

they still get game ready drivers tho

(pc if the parts get here in time): ryzen 7 3700||gigabyte gtx 1070|| 16 gb ddr4|| SanDisk Ultra 3D 512GB 2.5 ssd||MSI b450m pro-vdh max||2013 corsair cx750m|| hp pavilion case||

13 hours ago, Salted Spinach said:

I think

AMD will definitely maintain support for products that they are still producing and supplying for manufacture of the end user product. Are you buying a GPU that is fresh out of the fab, or one that has been sitting in a warehouse or someone else's room for years?

I think

Expecting continued support for an out of production item released 7 years ago is unreasonable

I think

AMD has been exceptional in product support within its industry if you look at the AM4 platform

I think

that extending "support" for very many years is often perceived to be far more important that it actually is. I am using an X470 mobo that has stopped getting new BIOS updates for a long time. In fact the last few BIOS updates might not have made any difference for me at all. There has been no issues in usage, no loss of performance or functionality.

I think

With regards to processors and mainboards, the main benefit of "support" post release is the development of the firmware or driver to squeeze out every last bit of performance and eliminate reported issues.

I think

7 years of "support" is more than sufficient for the purpose stated above, and extending it will not yield much if at all.

thats cpus tho, and amd is still making and anouncing am4 chips. 

edit: i also posted this on toms hw and someone pointed out that amds apus use vega and are still on consoles.

(pc if the parts get here in time): ryzen 7 3700||gigabyte gtx 1070|| 16 gb ddr4|| SanDisk Ultra 3D 512GB 2.5 ssd||MSI b450m pro-vdh max||2013 corsair cx750m|| hp pavilion case||

3 hours ago, jordanbuilds1 said:

they still get game ready drivers tho

"GeForce Game Ready" is what Nvidia lists all their GeForce gaming drivers as. Though as @YoungBlade noted, the 750 Ti is Maxwell, so it will get overall Maxwell optimizations. I doubt there's any specific work done for the 750 Ti itself. Kepler (most of 700 series) is EOL and only gets critical security patches till the end of 2024.

Worth noting that the R9 200/300 and Fury GPUs that predated the RX400/500 series are from the same era as Maxwell. Their driver support was axed back in 2021.

So 1) Nvidia supports the 750 Ti because they support Maxwell cards still, and that GPU just happens to be Maxwell, and 2) AMD hasn't kept their cards supported for as long in the past, so I'm not sure why Nvidia's support cycle is supposed to dictate how AMD does things.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

people bought up some good points, but im wondering how we got to washing machine repairs?!?!