Case fan can affect the cpu and gpu temp?

Go to solution Solved by RevGAM,

No mention of a cooler... aiming you have one and the case is well-ventilated, that may not be an issue,  especially since it's an i3. Once you get it, check temperatures while doing the most demanding task for the CPU and GPU. If the temps aren't getting close to max, no worries. 

I bought cheap pre build pc form Amazon around 500$ (3 years ago) it's comes with:

---------------------

GTX1650 

i3-9100f

16gb ram (3200mhz)

500watt smps

Msi h410m pro

120ssd

1tb hdd

----------------------

But the main problem is cabinet. The case comes with no fan. And at a time I am newbie for pc tech. I didn't know about the pc case fan and last three years I never check my pc, gpu, cpu temperature. Without case fan can affect the pc temperature? 

I recently upgraded my pc with i5 12400f and Rx6700xt and I wondering why my gpu goes up to 80°c and my cpu goes up to 77°c. I installed cooler master 120mm aio for my cpu (i5-1200f)

But people tells me 120mm aio is not enough for that cpu that is the reason why temperature rasing. And than I custom configured aio in bios. After it's stay at 69°c with max load. But what about gpu? 

And than I think, I never thought about my case fan. My case have no fan. I upgraded my pc with my old pre build I bought from Amazon. And it's not comes with the fan. 

This is the reason why both cpu and gpu gose high temp? 

19 minutes ago, Mortal_2077 said:

I bought cheap pre build pc form Amazon around 500$ (3 years ago) it's comes with:

---------------------

GTX1650 

i3-9100f

16gb ram (3200mhz)

500watt smps

Msi h410m pro

120ssd

1tb hdd

----------------------

But the main problem is cabinet. The case comes with no fan. And at a time I am newbie for pc tech. I didn't know about the pc case fan and last three years I never check my pc, gpu, cpu temperature. Without case fan can affect the pc temperature? 

Yes
Basically the task of case fan is bringing fresh air and an expelling hot air out of the case.
Intake brings the fresh air in, exhaust expels the hot air out.

If you don't really care about noise and RGB. Just buy something like Arctic P12 PWM-PST, it's a good fan at a cheap price for it's quality.

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-ACFAN00137A-Value-Pack-Pressure-Optimized/dp/B07HC782D5/ref=sr_1_3

Though it also depends on the PC case, if your PC case is what we call a hotbox/oven/glorified oven, then no amount of case fan gonna help.

What we call an hotbox/oven : A pc case that has too little or no intake and/or exhaust holes for fresh air to come into the case.

If the system is low powered enough, it may do fine without a good intake/exhaust even on full load.

But to me, if i can make the temp lower, why the hell not. At the very least I'd use cheap no name 3pin/molex case fans

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Yes. no case fans means the cpu and gpu will just dump their hot air into the case and nowhere for it to go, and just getting hotter and hotter.

With your components you dont really need too much airflow through the case to keep it under control. Two 120/140mm fans, one in the front pulling fresh air in, and one in the back or top to push the hot air out should be enough. Even one will help.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

If you have no cool fresh air being brought in and warm air being exhausted, the GPU is just stewing in recycled hot air and no wonder its getting warm.

Post a picture of the side of your case with the side panel off, preferably with proper room lighting and no flash on the camera. 

50 minutes ago, Mortal_2077 said:

The case comes with no fan. And at a time I am newbie for pc tech. I didn't know about the pc case fan and last three years I never check my pc, gpu, cpu temperature

Well, you could check them now and see if they're good. Although since your system is not broken, you might not have a problem.

Fans are important, but some components don't create a lot of heat, and it might not be absolutely necessary. Your i3-9100F is not going to need a lot of airflow to survive, and even if it's a little warm, you might only need one fan to make a difference.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

50 minutes ago, Mortal_2077 said:

The case comes with no fan. And at a time I am newbie for pc tech. I didn't know about the pc case fan and last three years I never check my pc, gpu, cpu temperature

Well, you could check them now and see if they're good. Although since your system is not broken, you might not have a problem.

Fans are important, but some components don't create a lot of heat, and it might not be absolutely necessary. Your i3-9100F is not going to need a lot of airflow to survive, and even if it's a little warm, you might only need one fan to make a difference. Also the Gtx 1650 that you have might be creating enough of an updraft to keep just enough air moving. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

• 2 weeks later...

No mention of a cooler... aiming you have one and the case is well-ventilated, that may not be an issue,  especially since it's an i3. Once you get it, check temperatures while doing the most demanding task for the CPU and GPU. If the temps aren't getting close to max, no worries. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

Duplicate thread. Please only post one thread for the same topic. I and others already answered you. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

-= Topics Merged =-

Your asking the same question. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER