Getting an external keyboard working in ChromeOs bios?

Hello! Im basically just trying to get a USB HID device working in the chromeOs bios, since the included keyboard is dead. Any help is great, thank you!

2 hours ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

do you have a wired one?

yes, though every time I try something it doesn't work properly or even register the inputs- the keyboard works fine in ios, windows and my other Chromebook so I'm unsure what the issue is

hmm weird, don't know much about chrome OS so dont want to give you misinformation, ill leave that up to someone more knowledgeable, i do know that on my chromebook, when i enter apps from the login page, bluetooth automatically disconnects, as tho its controlled by chrome os and not hardware, could be something of the same nature

19 hours ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

hmm weird, don't know much about chrome OS so dont want to give you misinformation, ill leave that up to someone more knowledgeable, i do know that on my chromebook, when i enter apps from the login page, bluetooth automatically disconnects, as tho its controlled by chrome os and not hardware, could be something of the same nature

maybe, though I made sure to have the device plugged in via ethernet and have the m.2 wifi unplugged so it didn't try to pair to anything