Will this CPU be enough for my setup in the following years ?

lka
Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
14 minutes ago, lka said:

Thank you, I did not even think that the jumo from a 3060ti to a 4070Super would make such a difference but it is HUGE, but I will buy the cpu just in case. 😀

Getting a 5800X3D will be crucial to get the most out of the 4070 Super on your current platform.
You will see quite the performance uplift when getting the new CPU 🙂

I upgrade from rtx 3060ti to a rtx 4070 SUPER, and I have a ryzen 5 5600, I am going to upgrade to a ryzen 7 5800X3D. Will that be enough for a few years, I game at 1440p.

2 minutes ago, lka said:

I upgrade from rtx 3060ti to a rtx 4070 SUPER, and I have a ryzen 5 5600, I am going to upgrade to a ryzen 7 5800X3D. Will that be enough for a few years, I game at 1440p.

Yes 🙂

18 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Yes 🙂

Thank you, I did not even think that the jumo from a 3060ti to a 4070Super would make such a difference but it is HUGE, but I will buy the cpu just in case. 😀

14 minutes ago, lka said:

Getting a 5800X3D will be crucial to get the most out of the 4070 Super on your current platform.
You will see quite the performance uplift when getting the new CPU 🙂

Relevant to see how your 5600 compares to the ultra high end 7800x3D with a modern 4080 GPU. You should be able to extrapolate from here how your particular setup and plans will fair.

1 hour ago, lka said:

There are always ways to make sure that it doesn't last, like playing the most demanding titles at 1440p ultra and expecting 240 fps all the time. But in general, with the disclaimer that no one knows what's going to come out and how well-optimized it is (looking at you, GTA IV), you should be good with the 4070S/5800X3D combo.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

13 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

There are always ways to make sure that it doesn't last, like playing the most demanding titles at 1440p ultra and expecting 240 fps all the time. But in general, with the disclaimer that no one knows what's going to come out and how well-optimized it is (looking at you, GTA IV), you should be good with the 4070S/5800X3D combo.

I am looking for it to last about 3 years before having to change anything, I currently play everything on ultra but later down the round I have no problem with ultra/high around 100fps.

1 hour ago, lka said:

I am looking for it to last about 3 years before having to change anything, I currently play everything on ultra but later down the round I have no problem with ultra/high around 100fps.

Without the benefit of a crystal ball, I can’t say for sure, but my hunch considering that a 1080 from 7 years ago can still get some level of 1440p on modern games, you’d probably be ok.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.