My current laptop refuses to update to the new Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by BigChungus1009,

Microsoft releases installation files that manually assist with updating computers. They do indeed work, at least for me. My computer is now updated and I won't need help with this problem anymore. Thanks for the answers, though.

Every day I get a notification that tells me to update my laptop, but every time I do, it restarts twice and says that it couldn't do the updates. This has been going on for the past two weeks.

Windows 10 or 11? You might want to just reinstall windows (after backing up all your data ofc), it's better to do that anyway

When Windows Update fails to work... There's not a lot to do.

You will find guides online on how to clear the cache and what not. But in my experience, it never worked to fix the actual problem. Even SFC, DISM or whatever else to repair Windows typically doesn't work either.

Save yourself the headaches, you might indeed be better off reinstalling windows. Either by taking the latest ISO and reinstalling on top of your current install without losing anything or by doing a fresh install. Something likely got corrupted along the way, which prevents it from working properly. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Can you show a screenshot of the error, expanded to show all error details?

After running the elevated command 

sfc /scannow

the terminal told me it found corrupt files and repaired them. I will restart the update and keep you guys in the know.

Just now, BigChungus1009 said:

After running the elevated command 

sfc /scannow

the terminal told me it found corrupt files and repaired them. I will restart the update and keep you guys in the know.

What updates are you trying to install?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What updates are you trying to install?

It's supposed to be a feature update to Windows 10 22H2.

The command didn't fix the problem. Will keep looking around.

Microsoft releases installation files that manually assist with updating computers. They do indeed work, at least for me. My computer is now updated and I won't need help with this problem anymore. Thanks for the answers, though.