Looking for opinions on the INNO3D GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER X3

I'm from New Zealand and the company I'm likely going with for my build is encouraging me to get this brand based upon returns per 300 units over the likes of Gigabyte MSI etc however they're not usually a brand I see most people buying. 

Does anyone have any thoughts? 

Lots of people in the folding community love inno3d.

@GOTSpectrum

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

2 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

Lots of people in the folding community love inno3d.

@GOTSpectrum

Folding community? Is there an inside joke I'm not getting there or is it an actual community?

7 minutes ago, Krisp-kiwi said:

Folding community? Is there an inside joke I'm not getting there or is it an actual community?

Folding proteins for scientific research haha, it’s a real thing! You’ll notice that there’s a pinned post talking about BOINC Pentathlon on the main page. BOINC and folding@home are very similar!

@leadeater do you have more information to share?? My iPhone is being difficult and won’t let me copy and paste links smh

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

2 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

Folding proteins for scientific research haha, it’s a real thing! You’ll notice that there’s a pinned post talking about BOINC Pentathlon on the main page. BOINC and folding@home are very similar!

@leadeater do you have more information to share?? My iPhone is being difficult and won’t let me copy and paste links smh

Ahh I was like are they saying the company is close to folding? lol 

37 minutes ago, Krisp-kiwi said:

Ahh I was like are they saying the company is close to folding? lol 

inno3D has been in a game for a long while, theyre just far more low profile in marketing to western market unlike Asus, MSI, and even Powercolor. Their board is pretty decent for stock operation, if you can find them for a good price, i would.  

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, Krisp-kiwi said:

I'm from New Zealand and the company I'm likely going with for my build is encouraging me to get this brand based upon returns per 300 units over the likes of Gigabyte MSI etc however they're not usually a brand I see most people buying. 

Does anyone have any thoughts? 

Not a common brand here in NZ but very big in other places and perfectly good option. Realistically all Nvidia GPUs are the same within error margins from all the different brands so the only thing that matters is warranty which if you think the place you are buying it from is going to be able to sort anything like that out if, in the rare situation, you need it then no reason not to buy if it's a good deal.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Not a common brand here in NZ but very big in other places and perfectly good option. Realistically all Nvidia GPUs are the same within error margins from all the different brands so the only thing that matters is warranty which if you think the place you are buying it from is going to be able to sort anything like that out if, in the rare situation, you need it then no reason not to buy if it's a good deal.

You're a kiwi too? Yeah its computer lounge recommending it to me. They're usually pretty solid with customer service

37 minutes ago, Krisp-kiwi said:

You're a kiwi too? Yeah its computer lounge recommending it to me. They're usually pretty solid with customer service

That makes sense, I did notice they have had Inno3D listed for a while now but never really took much notice since I'm not looking to buy a GPU. Probably been selling that brand for a year or more at a guess.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

That makes sense, I did notice they have had Inno3D listed for a while now but never really took much notice since I'm not looking to buy a GPU. Probably been selling that brand for a year or more at a guess.

Yeah, i haven't upgraded since 2016 so 8 years between drinks. Thinking 4080 super with i7-14000k, not sure about the case though. Budgets roughly 4000-4300 so hoping to squeeze a good one in there