A good X570 motherboard with 2.5Gb LAN

Go to solution Solved by Beerzerker,
9 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

So guys, long story short, my ISP contract was about to expire, so i re-signed it and got a sweet deal on 2.5Gbps connectivity. Wednesday the guys would come to replacing my fiber optics and i started looking for 2.5Gbps PCIe cards. Unfortunately there aren't many of those around, like just 2-3 extremely sketchy sounding brands, the majority are 10Gbps and their prices are the same as a new X570 motherboard or higher. And with very VERY rich choice of 2nd hand X570 mobos here with warranty, i decided to change the motherboard with something that has onboard 2.5Gb LAN. But as it turns out, 2.5Gigabit LAN isn't that common on X570 boards. So what is a good board to get? My only requirements are - a minimum of 2x M.2 slots for NVMe drives, 2.5Gbps LAN and absolutely no Asus motherboards. Don't care about the brand as long as it's not Asus, although i'll still be happy if it's an AsRock mobo (and yes, i checked the Taichi models, they have only a Gagbit LAN). 

This is one I've got that fits the bill of what you're looking for. I can vouch for it being a good board because mine has been, even under subzero conditions and it has yet to miss a beat.

MEG X570 ACE | Motherboard | MSI Global

Check it's specifications and I believe this will do it if you get one.

However this isn't the newest iteration of this model line, there is another that took it's place afterwards but that one should be just as good as long as it's specs satisfies your requirements.

MEG X570 UNIFY | Motherboard | MSI Global

So guys, long story short, my ISP contract was about to expire, so i re-signed it and got a sweet deal on 2.5Gbps connectivity. Wednesday the guys would come to upgrade my fiber optics and i started looking for 2.5Gbps PCIe cards. Unfortunately there aren't many of those around, like just 2-3 extremely sketchy sounding brands, the majority are 10Gbps and their prices are the same as a new X570 motherboard or higher. And with very VERY rich choice of 2nd hand X570 mobos here with warranty, i decided to change the motherboard with something that has onboard 2.5Gb LAN. But as it turns out, 2.5Gigabit LAN isn't that common on X570 boards. So what is a good board to get? My only requirements are - a minimum of 2x M.2 slots for NVMe drives, 2.5Gbps LAN and absolutely no Asus motherboards. Don't care about the brand as long as it's not Asus, although i'll still be happy if it's an AsRock mobo (and yes, i checked the Taichi models, they have only a Gagbit LAN). 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

Can I just ask why it absolutely must not be a motherboard from ASUS? I am curious.

9 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

So guys, long story short, my ISP contract was about to expire, so i re-signed it and got a sweet deal on 2.5Gbps connectivity. Wednesday the guys would come to replacing my fiber optics and i started looking for 2.5Gbps PCIe cards. Unfortunately there aren't many of those around, like just 2-3 extremely sketchy sounding brands, the majority are 10Gbps and their prices are the same as a new X570 motherboard or higher. And with very VERY rich choice of 2nd hand X570 mobos here with warranty, i decided to change the motherboard with something that has onboard 2.5Gb LAN. But as it turns out, 2.5Gigabit LAN isn't that common on X570 boards. So what is a good board to get? My only requirements are - a minimum of 2x M.2 slots for NVMe drives, 2.5Gbps LAN and absolutely no Asus motherboards. Don't care about the brand as long as it's not Asus, although i'll still be happy if it's an AsRock mobo (and yes, i checked the Taichi models, they have only a Gagbit LAN). 

Is Used okay? 
you’re in Germany right? 
here’s one used

https://www.ebay.de/itm/204767729193?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=lZRmZK7IQxG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

For new

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/pVGbt6/asrock-x570s-pg-riptide-atx-am4-motherboard-x570s-pg-riptide

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

14 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

I'd just add a $30 PCIe card to your existing system. I had to do that since the Intel 2.5Gb NIC on my X670e motherboard has broken Windows 11 drivers.

Just be aware that actually getting 2.5Gb/sec speeds is going to be rough on a lot of sites unless you've got a 5950x. Downloading games from Steam for instance requires a LOT of CPU horsepower to saturate even 800Mb/sec.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Any of the lesser known brands will work. For example this one : https://www.amazon.de/-/en/NICGIGA-RTL8125B-Converts-Ethernet-Supports/dp/B09HGRK5XB/

They all use the same RTL8125 2.5g ethernet chip is on motherboards, all probably use the same reference design, so not much to go wrong.

Don't waste money on another x570 boards, if anything go with a new B550 motherboard, you only lose a few pci-e 4.0 lanes, probably on the second m.2 slot, otherwise you're likely to get more features.

Why wouldn't your first choice be an add-in card? Switching out a motherboard is expensive and a lot more work.

9 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

This is one I've got that fits the bill of what you're looking for. I can vouch for it being a good board because mine has been, even under subzero conditions and it has yet to miss a beat.

However this isn't the newest iteration of this model line, there is another that took it's place afterwards but that one should be just as good as long as it's specs satisfies your requirements.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

First of all, thank you guys.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:05 PM, Mr.Zixxel said:

Can I just ask why it absolutely must not be a motherboard from ASUS? I am curious.

A ton of bad experience with their brand. Starting with their motherboards all the way back to P55 and H55 chipsets, last gave them chance with a system i've built 4 years ago and it still was a nightmare, the built quality of their GPUs is absolute dogsh*i where i had to open their basically brand new RTX 3080s to adjust thermal pads... still trying to get rid of their VG27AQ display which i thought was an awesome deal... Asus is simply non-existent anymore to me for anything hardware related.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:10 PM, filpo said:

No, Bulgaria. We have extremely good 2nd hand market and i even have a few backchannels from dealers where i can get refurbished boards with warranty for 1/3 of their market price.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:18 PM, Agall said:

I'd just add a $30 PCIe card to your existing system. I had to do that since the Intel 2.5Gb NIC on my X670e motherboard has broken Windows 11 drivers.

Just be aware that actually getting 2.5Gb/sec speeds is going to be rough on a lot of sites unless you've got a 5950x. Downloading games from Steam for instance requires a LOT of CPU horsepower to saturate even 800Mb/sec.

If i order from ebay or amazon, with the shipping to Bulgaria it turns into $100, which is exactly what i can get an entire X570 Tomahawk motherboard with remaining warranty for, so not really a good deal.

As for the actual speeds, i am currently on 1Gbps network and downloading and installing games from steam at constant 880Mbps, it doesn't utilize more than 38% of my 5800X3D. There are occasional spikes to 45%, but that's it. Constantly seeding various torrents at 850+Mbps and never seen CPU utilization go above 35%. Still a few years away from 10Gbps network, so i think it will be good. Also, i'm planning to move to Zen5 once the new Ryzen 9000 X3D CPUs come at the end of the year.

23 hours ago, mariushm said:

Any of the lesser known brands will work. For example this one : https://www.amazon.de/-/en/NICGIGA-RTL8125B-Converts-Ethernet-Supports/dp/B09HGRK5XB/

They all use the same RTL8125 2.5g ethernet chip is on motherboards, all probably use the same reference design, so not much to go wrong.

Don't waste money on another x570 boards, if anything go with a new B550 motherboard, you only lose a few pci-e 4.0 lanes, probably on the second m.2 slot, otherwise you're likely to get more features.

The 2nd M.2 slot and the extra PCIe lane are exactly why i upgraded to X570, otherwise i would've stayed on B450 cause it was working perfectly fine. As for the add-in card, as i mentioned, with shipping it gets ridiculously expensive and locally, those are considered prosumer products and get overcharged to hell and back. Also i am planning on utilizing those extra PCIe lanes with NVMe PCIe add-in card(s) for more NVMe drvies. I really wanna completely move away from mechanical drives and still have one 4TB HDD in my system that i need to get rid off, so need as much free PCIe lanes as possible for more drives.

19 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Why wouldn't your first choice be an add-in card? Switching out a motherboard is expensive and a lot more work.

Answered above - same price as a mobo and need the lanes for drives.

19 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Thanks, bud. Found the Unify at one of my local dealers with original packaging and all accessories + 13 more months of warranty for €114, which i think is an excellent deal, considering brand new it's €280 here. Should arrive in 2 days.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

Glad to hear my suggestion was useful.
I do wish you good luck with the build. 🫠

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.