Dedicated Streaming Build (5800x3D or 10900KF)?

Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

Both CPUs are complete overkill for a streaming setup. You could get away with an i3 10100F, let alone using a 10900KF.

Assuming you have all the needed parts, and so either one is the same price, then I'd go with the 10900KF since it has slightly better multicore performance.

With that said, if you need to buy anything to get the Intel system up and running, that you otherwise wouldn't need to spend on to get the Ryzen one going, then I'd go with the Ryzen option.

At the end of the day, I'd be shocked if you could notice a difference between the two. They're both so far beyond what you need.

Budget (including currency): N/A As I own both CPUs already.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming and processing of streaming alerts/ video recording, etc...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already own both CPUs as well as the RAM/Motherboard, PSU, and GPUs.

I'm essentially wanting to know which CPU would be better for streaming, as I will be encoding VIA the CPU.

Any pointers or advice would be massively appreciated.

This machine will solely be for streaming from, so no gaming or anything of that nature.

2 minutes ago, xtzbecks said:

Budget (including currency): N/A As I own both CPUs already.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming and processing of streaming alerts/ video recording, etc...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already own both CPUs as well as the RAM/Motherboard, PSU, and GPUs.

I'm essentially wanting to know which CPU would be better for streaming, as I will be encoding VIA the CPU.

Any pointers or advice would be massively appreciated.

This machine will solely be for streaming from, so no gaming or anything of that nature.

Stream with the 10900KF and game on the 5800X3D 🙂

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Stream with the 10900KF and game on the 5800X3D 🙂

I currently have a 7800x3D gaming rig, which I do the gaming from.

The other CPUs are free to use, just need to know which is better for the streaming build.

1 minute ago, xtzbecks said:

I currently have a 7800x3D gaming rig, which I do the gaming from.

The other CPUs are free to use, just need to know which is better for the streaming build.

Fair enough!  I would still stream on the 10900KF due to it having more cores.

Both CPUs are complete overkill for a streaming setup. You could get away with an i3 10100F, let alone using a 10900KF.

Assuming you have all the needed parts, and so either one is the same price, then I'd go with the 10900KF since it has slightly better multicore performance.

With that said, if you need to buy anything to get the Intel system up and running, that you otherwise wouldn't need to spend on to get the Ryzen one going, then I'd go with the Ryzen option.

At the end of the day, I'd be shocked if you could notice a difference between the two. They're both so far beyond what you need.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

Very true, they both are overkill.  But it saves me from having to buy additional parts, as I have parts for both, it's just a case of choosing which one.

But, as you've suggested the i9, I think I'll go with that.

Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it!

8 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Fair enough!  I would still stream on the 10900KF due to it having more cores.

Legend, thank you for getting back to me!