Problem with SSD

My friend recently couldn't boot his computer and got sent straight to the bios despite it working perfectly the day before. He since then has bought a new harddrive and it's working seemlessly which led us to believe the old one could be faulty. However, he has some files there that are important as well as the fact we both are bummed and stubborn and left to wonder if there are any potential fixes. 

So to get to what we are able to see, inside of the diskmanager the "faulty" drive shows up as a unknown device with every information blank. As well as when it was plugged in along side the new ssd it took about 5 minutes to boot but without sending us to the bios. I'll attach some photos and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

image.png.85bd53faf2853bb1c2a4041278ceca03.pngimage.png?ex=662bc212&is=662a7092&hm=e791a719d1ebbb8fc8af1858708fd08001d906b748eb08386a4b8bca4b4bc0d6&

Perhaps try the SSD in another slot or in another PC.

Though seems it's gone bad.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Could you try the SSD in another machine?

Unable to do that in current moment, it's just that the other one works fine that makes us think that shouldn't be an issue!

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Perhaps try the SSD in another slot or in another PC.

Though seems it's gone bad.

If it has gone bad, is there a way to recover any files from it or is it doomed...

That, try it in another machine, possibly from a live linux boot... if it's recognised with proper capacity you can use e.g. ddrescue to make an image of it and hopefully mount it then, if it still freezes or doesn't get recognised correctly there's nothing you'll be able to do outside of using a data recovery company.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

That, try it in another machine, possibly from a live linux boot... if it's recognised with proper capacity you can use e.g. ddrescue to make an image of it and hopefully mount it then, if it still freezes or doesn't get recognised correctly there's nothing you'll be able to do outside of using a data recovery company.

Ahh, alright. Thanks a lot! We'll look into how to use linux as we both are unfamiliar with how to use and install that os. Praying for the sake of our uni projects!