Beyerdynamic MMX300 Mic quality is abysmal??

Krondax

Basically what the title says, I got a USB-C adapter for the audio so it wasn't so quiet, but the mic quality according to everyone on discord is apparently god awful and sounds like its "in the back of my throat" according to my friends. For a $300 headset/mic combo I was expecting this to sound better? Ive seen thing online about soundcards and other things but I have zero idea how to make it all work and what to do. I really like this headset fit/comfy wise but I cant deal with the mic sounding this bad for others.

What adapter did you get? Was it fine before directly plugged into the board?

Is just the audio produced by the headset for you to hear a bit quiet?

1 hour ago, Krondax said:

I got a USB-C adapter for the audio so it wasn't so quiet, but the mic quality according to everyone on discord is apparently god awful

The MMX300 comes with 2 sets of cables;

1 cable with a TRRS jack

1 cable with two TRS jacks for separating audio output and microphone input.

Why did you buy a USB-C adapter? What was it? Provide a link to the product page.

It's very likely you bought a crap adapter that wasn't well-designed for microphone input.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I have the headset, the 2nd gen, to be precise. People told me it sounds good. I have it plugged to the motherboard at back of PC with dual cable. Why adapter? Maybe it's not good. How is it quite, can be driven without amp.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

22 hours ago, Krondax said:

I got a USB-C adapter for the audio so it wasn't so quiet

Likely source of your issues. If it was to quiet beforehand then that leads to you likely having audio misconfiguration issues with your PC to begin with that could be compounding the overall problem. 

Details on this "adapter" and the rest of your PC will be necessary to help further.