Issue with AMD drivers

Hi guys first off i wanna say i hate AMD graphics drivers it always seems i have an issue. When i first got the card i had a bunch of issues and they are resurfacing again now a few years down the line. I always had little finicky weird issues like the occasional screen flicker here and there (maybe a couple times in a week) or audio cutting out and a huge stutter in whatever game or program i was using. Well today while playing Baldurs gate 3, i had my game blackscreen on me and corrupt and delete my AMD graphics drivers forcing me to redownload them again. This happened to me a total of 3 times in the span of an hour.

My cpu is a Ryzen 7 3800X and my Gpu is the AMD Radeon 5700xt OC edition from MSI.

My current plan right now is to do clean install of the drivers to make sure any old fragments of data that may be causing the issue are gone, however I was wondering if anyone here has any other tips on settings/bios/ advanced tips I can implement in trying to solve this issue

Thank You and PS, i hate AMD if it isnt clear by now 馃檪

21 minutes ago, IhateAMDDRIVERS said:

Hi guys first off i wanna say i hate AMD graphics drivers it always seems i have an issue. When i first got the card i had a bunch of issues and they are resurfacing again now a few years down the line. I always had little finicky weird issues like the occasional screen flicker here and there (maybe a couple times in a week) or audio cutting out and a huge stutter in whatever game or program i was using. Well today while playing Baldurs gate 3, i had my game blackscreen on me and corrupt and delete my AMD graphics drivers forcing me to redownload them again. This happened to me a total of 3 times in the span of an hour.

My cpu is a Ryzen 7 3800X and my Gpu is the AMD Radeon 5700xt OC edition from MSI.

My current plan right now is to do clean install of the drivers to make sure any old fragments of data that may be causing the issue are gone, however I was wondering if anyone here has any other tips on settings/bios/ advanced tips I can implement in trying to solve this issue

Thank You and PS, i hate AMD if it isnt clear by now 馃檪

Are you sure your PC is just not stable, surely sounds like it. Also note if you got fast boot enabled/disabled in BIOS, it should be the same in windows. And yes, it'll crash your GPU driver, at least on 7000 series. Also check if ram is stable. If you got any OC on your cpu, consider removing that, that includes any custom settings for PBO as well. You can also try reinstalling GPU drivers, by first removing them with DDU. Remember to launch in safe mode, you'll get prompted when launching DDU. After restart into safe mode, go to options in DDU and toggle "prevent windows update from installing drivers". Choose remove and restart. After reboot, install GPU drivers. Also check if you got any updates for chipset (On the motherboard)聽https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

Also if you have faulty display cable it's known to caue flicker or outright driver crashing with 5000 series RDNA cards.

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Are you sure your PC is just not stable, surely sounds like it. Also note if you got fast boot enabled/disabled in BIOS, it should be the same in windows. And yes, it'll crash your GPU driver, at least on 7000 series. Also check if ram is stable. If you got any OC on your cpu, consider removing that, that includes any custom settings for PBO as well. You can also try reinstalling GPU drivers, by first removing them with DDU. Remember to launch in safe mode, you'll get prompted when launching DDU. After restart into safe mode, go to options in DDU and toggle "prevent windows update from installing drivers". Choose remove and restart. After reboot, install GPU drivers. Also check if you got any updates for chipset (On the motherboard)聽https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

Ive had the PC for a few years now, I did have an issue when i initially upgraded my ram (clock speed was too fast i had to underclock it because the clock speed for some reason would cause my pc to get BSOD) ever since i did that i got stable performance out of everything with the very odd occasional error. this just happened to pop up randomly.

I do have fast boot enabled in bios ill have to check if i have it enabled in windows.

As for removing them with DDU I used amds software to uninstall previous drivers. I was just playing for an hour thinking i solved everything and the crash happened again.

2 minutes ago, IhateAMDDRIVERS said:

Ive had the PC for a few years now, I did have an issue when i initially upgraded my ram (clock speed was too fast i had to underclock it because the clock speed for some reason would cause my pc to get BSOD) ever since i did that i got stable performance out of everything with the very odd occasional error. this just happened to pop up randomly.

I do have fast boot enabled in bios ill have to check if i have it enabled in windows.

As for removing them with DDU I used amds software to uninstall previous drivers. I was just playing for an hour thinking i solved everything and the crash happened again.

Alright, ram might have gone bad though, it happens, but try the DDU and fast boot thing and see if it helps聽

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

37 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Also if you have faulty display cable it's known to caue flicker or outright driver crashing with 5000 series RDNA cards.

I have dual monitor set up. One is a 4k capable Display port cable, the other is a HDMI 2.1. Both monitors went black. I think if anything maybe my DP cable would be the faulty one (sometimes when i adjust my monitor or move the cable by accident it will cut out signal for a second)

3 minutes ago, IhateAMDDRIVERS said:

I have dual monitor set up. One is a 4k capable Display port cable, the other is a HDMI 2.1. Both monitors went black. I think if anything maybe my DP cable would be the faulty one (sometimes when i adjust my monitor or move the cable by accident it will cut out signal for a second)

If it crashes your display driver then all monitors will go black.

5 minutes ago, IhateAMDDRIVERS said:

Oh one thing, if you do the DDU thing. remove all monitors from the GPU apart from main display, until drivers is installed

FS in Denmark/EU: