Upgrading everything except ssd's and gpu. Do I need a clean install?/how

I'm upgrading to am5 from am4, everything except the gpu and two m.2 ssd's will be new parts. Whats the best way to transfer over the two ssd's? Do I have to do a " clean windows install"? how do i properly backup everything and re install? Any links to a video would be great!

in my expirience(am3 to am4) it will  be fine, just transfer the ssds and make sure you remember which one has windows on it tho, and theres like a 97% chance microsoft disables your lisence, unless its tied to your microsoft account

4 hours ago, joshp305 said:

I'm upgrading to am5 from am4, everything except the gpu and two m.2 ssd's will be new parts. Whats the best way to transfer over the two ssd's? Do I have to do a " clean windows install"? how do i properly backup everything and re install? Any links to a video would be great!

It should be fine but id recommend a clean install as it will clean up any software bloating and floating drivers you dont need. As for backing up data, im not actually sure, however, you could  just make a zip folder of everything you need on one drive, pop it into the 2nd one, then reinstall windows. Once done bring the zip folder back and unpack.

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3