BOINC Pentathlon 2024

3 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

Because you didn't run the benchmark on that host. That's why the points credited are so much lower.

I did, multiple times, before and after, removed/re-added the project...

But it seems to match issues faced by other programs using the "% of processor time" Windows counter that apparently can be wrong since scheduler updates for P/E systems in 22H2, should be using "% of processor utility" now

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78170381/issue-with-pdh-counter-returning-incorrect-values-after-upgrading-to-windows-11
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/yl3vxc/monitoring_programs_reports_wrong_cpu_load_on/
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41353
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/twa1o2/incorrect_cpu_usage_in_thirdparty_monitoring/

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

I did, multiple times, before and after, removed/re-added the project...

But it seems to match issues faced by other programs using the "% of processor time" Windows counter that apparently can be wrong since scheduler updates for P/E systems in 22H2, should be using "% of processor utility" now

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78170381/issue-with-pdh-counter-returning-incorrect-values-after-upgrading-to-windows-11
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/yl3vxc/monitoring_programs_reports_wrong_cpu_load_on/
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41353
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/twa1o2/incorrect_cpu_usage_in_thirdparty_monitoring/

Well you're not doing it right.

image.thumb.png.9f9b80f0f13fc9013d90fa90f0914f00.png

You can see here the host has not had a benchmark ran as 1 billion ops/sec is the default setting.

BOINC Team Member of TeAm AanandTech

BOINCGames.com - BOINC Competition all year long.

3 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

You can see here the host has not had a benchmark ran as 1 billion ops/sec is the default setting.

Yet it has... maybe it's not picking it up, but then what could be done to make it do so? Does that require removing everything BOINC-related?

Don't know how I could "not be doing it right", it's just a menu entry...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

I don't know what you're doing wrong. It's best to make sure nothing is running on the host when the benchmark is running (it takes a minute or less) after it's done you should check the log to make sure it ran. It should say something like benchmarks running, then spit out the results. Then click a manual update on the project and the project should grab the new information. Check the project web site for that host (the details page) and see that it's a different value from 1 billion ops/sec. 

Just checked the logs - so it seems it's not the project but BOINC itself that fails to read the CPU time and doesn't consider the benchmark

image.png.65e7e5d8a2c5bfd57cfe2dd538e4313a.png

image.png.acddc14071ff30c8421ae0647508ca38.png

F@H

GPD Win 2

I've never seen that before so I don't know what the issue here is, but that is the issue for the low credits from your tasks on that host on that project.

edit

I went looking for another similar setup to yours and found another Windows 11 host with a i9-13900K with a proper benchmark ran.

https://rnma.xyz/boinc/show_host_detail.php?hostid=7927\

Luckily I only had to wade through 8 pages before finding it. Thought it was going to take a while lol

1 hour ago, Chachunka said:

What's the earliest deadline for your NFS bunker? We're not doing the first throw so it'd be wasted to release your bunker.

Aren't we attempting first one?

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

4 minutes ago, Favebook said:

Aren't we attempting first one?

Apparently not

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

FYI if nobody has already posted SiDock as been removed as the Steeplechase project and a new one will be selected with a shorted event run time.

@danwat1234 RIP there goes our one chance for a first or 2nd place 🙃

2 hours ago, Chachunka said:

What's the earliest deadline for your NFS bunker? We're not doing the first throw so it'd be wasted to release your bunker.

I'm not bunkering NFS, I can realistically only run real time for any project. Right now everything is on City Run

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

FYI if nobody has already posted SiDock as been removed as the Steeplechase project and a new one will be selected with a shorted event run time.

@danwat1234 RIP there goes our one chance for a first or 2nd place 🙃

Yeah it's been posted, you may want to make it the solution or pin it to the top with mod powers though

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, McDaWisel said:

84 cores, running everyting single-threaded. (Using 50% of cores setting in BOINC). I've been doing Primegrid for years, that's the way we run thing there usually as it's the most efficient, I assumed it was the way to go for the current challenges too?

Other project you can run all thread including HT. It does depends sometimes but PrimeGrid is more unique than most.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I'm not bunkering NFS, I can realistically only run real time for any project. Right now everything is on City Run

If you wont be bunkering for NFS, but plan to run open the day of whatever day you guys choose to throw then make sure you go into your account and don't select the long running tasks. I honestly do not know which sub project gives the best PPD, but IMHO it's best to run the shorter tasks for an all out, running open on a 24-hour event. At the least you can run the long tasks in the beginning then switch to the shorter tasks towards the end. This ensures you get more tasks returned during the same time period.

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Yeah it's been posted, you may want to make it the solution or pin it to the top with mod powers though

I've updated the main topic post, I doubt anyone got around to running the project anyway.

1 minute ago, SkillzTA said:

If you wont be bunkering for NFS, but plan to run open the day of whatever day you guys choose to throw then make sure you go into your account and don't select the long running tasks. I honestly do not know which sub project gives the best PPD, but IMHO it's best to run the shorter tasks for an all out, running open on a 24-hour event. At the least you can run the long tasks in the beginning then switch to the shorter tasks towards the end. This ensures you get more tasks returned during the same time period.

15e and 16e small math or something, I forget the exact name. I posted it some pages back in this topic.

P.S. I past 800 cores yesterday. Today I'll see if I can hit 1000, got some old supermicro servers with Xeon 51XX and 52XX generation CPUs in them.

10 minutes ago, leadeater said:

P.S. I past 800 cores yesterday. Today I'll see if I can hit 1000, got some old supermicro servers with Xeon 51XX and 52XX generation CPUs in them.

Man.... 

And here's me getting excited about my 48 core upgrade soon

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

And here's me getting excited about my 48 core upgrade soon

Well those 48 are worth 96 to 144 of some of the ones I have lol

Just remember some of my CPUs are 2012 era haha

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Well those 48 are worth 96 to 144 of some of the ones I have lol

Just remember some of my CPUs are 2012 era haha

I suppose that's true.

I'll have 64 total zen cores, 16 zen 3 and 48 zen 2, not including laptops and such

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

22 minutes ago, leadeater said:

15e and 16e small math or something, I forget the exact name. I posted it some pages back in this topic.

Rookie Numbers GIF - Rookie Numbers GIFs

1 minute ago, SkillzTA said:

-snip-

In about 2 years time I should be able to get my hands on 18 2x 7713 servers 🤤

Just now, leadeater said:

In about 2 years time I should be able to get my hands on 18 2x 7713 servers 🤤

Well you'll be above me at this point then. LOL

So um... you gonna hook a brother up or what? Stop holding out on me!

That's not how drugs work

All Mine - Imgflip

I'm gonna stop helping then. LOL

Just now, SkillzTA said:

I'm gonna stop helping then. LOL

Shipping out of NZ is horrible anyway, would be $1000 per server 😢

Already wanted to send hardware out to others in the team but I can only do that if I tear down the servers and send just the CPUs and ram. Thing is where I run my hardware I don't pay for power so it's really better they stay here.

Shipping out of NZ is horrible anyway, would be $1000 per server 😢

Already wanted to send hardware out to others in the team but I can only do that if I tear down the servers and send just the CPUs and ram. Thing is where I run my hardware I don't pay for power so it's really better they stay here.

Depending on what brand servers they are it'll probably be better to just ship the RAM, CPU, motherboard for the setups. Nearly all my servers are running naked, but my big GPU rigs are in mining racks. I do have that one 4P intel rig that's in the 4U server chassis, but that's normally what I go with. Those 1U, 2U, etc... servers are LOUD and I like putting tower coolers on my setups to help with the noise. Having as many servers as I do in my home is already ridiculous enough. Adding those screamer fans would be just unbearable beyond what most would already think is unbearable in my home anyway.

Soon as the Pentathlon is off 90% of my stuff will be going offline for the Summer. It's 90F+ inside during the day, although it cools off to the low 80s, high 70s at night.  Summers suck.