Rackmount Case for Water Cooled Gaming PC

Hey All,

I'm looking to move my water cooled gaming PC to a rackmount case. The current box is sitting inside of a server cabinet (Open door, but is closed on 2 sides) and doesn't breathe too well. The side panel is off and doesn't fit with the GPU. It's basically running open frame.

The build:

• O11 Dynamic Razer edition with Front panel reservoir + D5 pump
  • MSI ATX board
  • i5-13600k @ 5.6GHz with water block. Draws about 150W at peak
  • 32GB standard height RAM
  • 2x M.2 SSDs (No 2.5 or 3.5")
  • Corsair HX1000 PSU
  • EVGA RTX 3080 Ti Hydro series OC'd and draws around 460W at peak according to HWMonitor. It's set at +120 at core and +1215 in memory
  • Dual 10Gb SFP+ network card
  • 2x 360mm radiators with fans in push
  • Has 9 fans in total running about 75% or 100% in longer gaming sessions

I found the Silverstone RM52 that seems to fit the bill, but I'm looking to see what other options are out there before I buy. I have plenty of rack space so I won't have a problem with space. I would say no more than $500 for the case and I do run them until they actually fall apart typically. I had a Fractal Define XL R2 before the O11. 

Other concerns I could use advice on:

• Suggestions for a reservoir or a pump/res combo that fits a D5 or DDC. I have 1 of each, but would prefer to keep using the D5. I think either a short pump/res housing behind one of the radiators may work, or the EK flat res 120. I would have to sacrifice an exhaust for that.
  • Any coolant alternative to Mayhems M1 that works just as well? I run without dyes and I'm also considering switching the tubing to the zero maintenance tubing. I know some brands are a reseller but I forget who.

Thanks All!

well i no when mining  were a thing they bought out all the server stuff. anything that was left was 4x the cost. somthing things have come donw in price some have not. but then shiping cost is hi these day do to alot of things... so prices are still hier then was it was.

most server 4u racks are about the same. there some with a few options but meh. all seem to have a bottle neck of 2x 80mm fans at the back.

if you have space imo put the loop out side the rack and use qd if you want, more space, easy matnace.

some have fit a 360 rad in there some did 2 360 rads some how... but dont no if 1 is enough.

if you want to save more moeny buy a 1060 1200 super nova rad for like $250 its like 3x 360 rads. and mount that in the rack some were top, side, back or w/e.

could also do like 2x or 3x 480 rads there about $60-80 each for the cheap ones.

at lest thats how i would do it anyway.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links