900D or 750D?

HaydenMadeEm

I'm going to upgrade from my alienware m17x r3 (probably should never have bought) to a desktop. I want to do a custom water cooled loop. I plan to house a gtx 780 TI, 4930k, asus rampage IV black edition in the thing. I do plan on upgrading parts and possibly adding more graphics cards in the future. My problem is that I'm going to college next year (for Digital Media Production, in other words, heavy video editing schtuff) and I'm worried that if I get the 900D I won't be able to transport it or that it would just take up too much space in the dorm. Any one that has a 900D and has transported it, can you tell me if it was easy, or hard? Same with anyone that has a 750D? 

If you are going to be transporting it only once it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just keep the original box and all the packing foam. If you will be moving it more than once a year you should probably get the smaller 750D. If you are moving it more than once a month get a 450D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the 750d is a good case, but if your going to college I would suggest getting like a 350D for a small size and you can still fully watercool. The 900d is pointless if you are using one GPU, then it looks really empty. 

You can also consider a 450D, the perfect sizecase.

enthoo primo

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

It will only be moved 2, 3 at the most times a year. The only reason I'm considering these two is because I will be adding more expansion cards in the future.

the 750d is a good case, but if your going to college I would suggest getting like a 350D for a small size and you can still fully watercool. The 900d is pointless if you are using one GPU, then it looks really empty. 

You can also consider a 450D, the perfect sizecase.

Might not be. If he does get the Black edt it'll need 8 slots not seven.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

It will only be moved 2, 3 at the most times a year. The only reason I'm considering these two is because I will be adding more expansion cards in the future.

Might as well get either the 4 gene or jump onto Z97 or Z87.

If I were you I wouldn't have posted a thread regarding the case but the entire system I think maybe @_ASSASSIN_ would agree with me. 900D or 750D is not quite the thought out case you can think of.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Might as well get either the 4 gene or jump onto Z97 or Z87.

I need an LGA 2011 platform as I am going to get the 4930k.

I love my 750D it has ecxellent build quality and a very clean look, i think you will be fine with it, 900D weights almost a tone

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

I need an LGA 2011 platform as I am going to get the 4930k.

Fine but like I wrote you should've wrote in the upcoming build guide not in this section. Go X79 but you didn't read my post correctly. 4 Gene is X79/lga 2011 compatible.

gallery03.jpg

Fine but like I wrote you should've wrote in the upcoming build guide not in this section. Go X79 but you didn't read my post correctly. 4 Gene is X79/lga 2011 compatible.

gallery03.jpg

Sorry, I'm a newbie :D I would've written it there, but I thought that since my original question was just about 900D or 750D I thought it would've been better to write it here

Sorry, I'm a newbie :D I would've written it there, but I thought that since my original question was just about 900D or 750D I thought it would've been better to write it here

Dude I would reconsider because you're going to eventually go to the http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/ section to open up another thread.

as you should probably know the 750D and 900D will fit this matx motherboard however you'll be overspending on a case that cost the exact same as the motherboard itself.

You'll be wasting 6 extra slot on nothing but thin air money wasted.

I will forget mentioning all that stuff and welcome you to the LTT Forum, enjoy posting threads talking to admins & mods.