Is there a curve in Hearthstone?

Hi, so I just bought 7 packs. Got no legendaries, bought 7 more, no legendaries, bough 15 more, no legendaries. My friends keep telling me there is a curve. A curve as in, the more packs that I open without a legendary the higher my chances are the next pack will have a legendary. They are super sure of this and I am not, but I trusted them and bought 7 more packs. I AM NOT GETTING ANYTHING GOOD. I spent 50 bucks and got no legendaries plus 500 dust. My question: Is there a curve? Also, the average is 1 legendary per 20 packs (5%).

This is how card game designers make millions of dollars.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Watch this video and see how many cards they get in proportaion to their 200 packs so you can prove your friend right or wrong

Diamond 5 in League :)

It is not Pseudorandom, it's just random. 

On Pseudorandom, the chances of getting something are lower than advertised, and for each fail you have more chances until you finally got what you want. This is used in many games for 'critical strikes', where it's not a fixated chance, but it scales, so you don't get damage starvation, but also is much less likely to land 3 consecutive crits and blow an enemy.

On hearthstone, you open a pack, and just a random number generator appears and you get your cards. The next pack is individual.

This is how card game designers make millions of dollars.

Ikr. I'm so ashamed :(.

You might as well spend that money on lottery tickets. At least then you have a chance of winning some money back :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Estimated Loot Distribution:

25% Chance of Rare (Additional +1 Every 4 Packs)

15% Chance of Epic (1 of Every 6.67 Packs)

10% Chance of Golden Common (1 Every 10 packs)

5% Chance of Legendary (1 of Every 20 Packs) 

5% Chance of Golden Rare - 1% (1 Every 20 Packs)

1% Chance Golden Epic (1 Every 100 Packs Cards)

0.25% Golden Legendary (1 Every 400 Packs)

Diamond 5 in League :)

Sometime i even get 2 legendary in 10 packs cards.I also get it from arena run and crafting.

Sometime i even get 2 legendary in 10 packs cards.I also get it from arena run and crafting.

My friend got 4 legendaries in 6 packs :/. He is so lucky. With 80 packs, he has gotten 19 legendaries!!!

My friend got 4 legendaries in 6 packs :/. He is so lucky. With 80 packs, he has gotten 19 legendaries!!!

That must be pretty lucky then. Anyway you should not give up yet xD even if you did not get any,the amount of dust that you get usually enough to craft a legendary.

IDK how Hearthstone does it's chances but I'll try to explain the basic chance mechanic.

If there is 1 legendary per 10 packs then if you have opened 9 packs and gotten no legendaries then there is very high chance to get the legendary in the 10th pack. And if the 10th still doesn't have one then every pack you open has a bigger chance of getting a legendary.

But as luck goes you could open 30 packs and not get a legendary and the 31st could have 3 of them. So the more packs you open the higher chance you have to get a legendary.

You are more likely to get one rare in each pack than legendary in any. I think I've got all my legendarys from Arena.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It is annoying how it works. Unfortunately it's a chance to get a legendary each time you get a pack, so for every one you open there's a 5% chance that one card will be a legendary. 

I have spent £20 so far on cards and I have got plenty of gold cards but not a single legendary. I did get an epic though :D

To be honest though legendaries are really just for e-peen. There are only some useful cards like Ysera, Nat Pagle and Alextrasa, but the others are only useful in very specific situations and they have odd abilities. Try not to waste money on getting legendaries and instead look for helpful cards that are more common, such as Alarm-O-Bot, Faceless Manipulator and the giants.

Good luck :)

EDIT: I just bought two packs and one of them had Alextrasa in it! WAHOOO!!! :D

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8