How to get info about account activity from Google?

Hey, a bit of a serious question here and it's probably not in the right spot so sorry about that. I want to have as few identifying pieces of information here as possible but I recently became aware that my ex had been having all my emails forwarded to them by use of a filter in Gmail. I have removed the filter, changed all associated passwords and the password to my password manager just in case so I'm fairly sure I've put a stop to it though it's obviously still scary.

We've been broken up for about 2 years now and there were a whole lot of stalking and harassment issues from around that time that I dealt with then. I do intend to report this to the relevant authorities but I would 1. like to have as much information as possible to give them upfront in the hope that the more they have to work with, the more they're actually likely to look into it and 2. to know whether or not this is a remnant from previously or if this is something new that I need to be worried about and if I should be keeping more vigilant in other areas of my life.

The information I'm hoping to receive is when this filter was put in place. Even if they can't say exactly, I would imagine they'd have logs they'd be able to give me about when the first time my account forwarded an email to them. It's frustrating that this isn't something I can check as they don't show up in sent anywhere. I've tried looking in the support pages but you can only seem to send Google an email about a few products and they palm you off to the community forums. They do mention you can report account hijacking but they don't say how and that page only mentions it for Drive and the office suite like Docs and Sheets etc for some reason.

Any help in the right direction would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there- I'm really sorry you are going threw this, and you are right it's really serious. It may be that you simply aren't able to get the information that you are looking for. While Google may have it logged somewhere deep in their system, that doesn't mean that you will have access to getting the data without a court order. I'm not sure the legal implications of what you are describing, but it's certainly worth talking with the police or lawyer and see if they have any suggestions. 

The only option I'm aware of is the Google Data Download/Takeout, which I believe is what you are describing earlier. There is an option for email there, so it may be worth looking into, but this is more to see what data Google has collected on you, nor necessarily an audit log, like you are looking for. 

Anyway, this is slightly off topic and I'm sure you've already gone through this, but it's necessary to ask yourself what else does he have access to? If he's willing to do this, what else is he willing to do?  Any and all important passwords and accounts need to changed/secured on a secured computer, preferably one that's reformatted. 

Best of luck with this shitty situation and I hope it gets better for you. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.