Is there a way to install an extra front fan in the HDD bays in HAF 912?

Go to solution Solved by OhioYJ,
18 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

will zip tie method produce more fan noise as the fan will vibrate a bit during working?

Many of my builds actually have zip ties to mount fans, as it's nice and easy. No noises, or vibrations actually.

In my NAS I have fans on both sides of the drives, intake and the other side of the drive cages. The opposite of the drive cages the fans are mounted with zip-ties:

My second NAS build:

truenas9.jpg

My current NAS, same thing, zip ties to get fans on the opposite of the drive bays:

truenas15.jpg

I always use zip ties to mount a 80 mm fan on the opposite side of drive bays as well in all may machines that have HDD under the PSU shroud:

7700k6.jpg

Note though, you can get mounts for HDDs like @Levent posted that have a FAN mounted already in the front.

Hi, my cabinet is cooler master HAF 912. i want to install an extra front fan but there's no official sllot for fan there. is there any mounting bracket i could buy or any other way to install the fan there ?-

image.thumb.jpeg.98d676b5ccc4571a061d72e257e25bc9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cc071f731caf0a4233c867cd2040dc29.jpeg

10 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

Hi, my cabinet is cooler master HAF 912. i want to install an extra front fan but there's no official sllot for fan there. is there any mounting bracket i could buy or any other way to install the fan there ?-

image.thumb.jpeg.98d676b5ccc4571a061d72e257e25bc9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cc071f731caf0a4233c867cd2040dc29.jpeg

I once mounted a fan in drive cage by wedging craft foam in the space between the fan's side and the cage's wall, best thing? the foam also acts as vibration noise silencer 🤣

Zip tie will also work

VHB tape will also work

3d printing a bracket might work too

The cage itself might be removable by disassembling the case and then drilling out some rivets holding the cage in place.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

I once mounted a fan in drive cage by wedging craft foam in the space between the fan's side and the cage's wall

Zip tie will also work

VHB tape will also work

3d printing a bracket might work too

will zip tie method produce more fan noise as the fan will vibrate a bit during working?

5 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

Well, the worst noise IMO is when the body of the fan hits the cage's wall repeatedly due to vibration.

If you can make the fan's body touch the wall or far enough from the wall, i don't think it'll make much rattling noise. And yes, I reckon the zip tie have to be taut.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

You can but normally you shouldnt need to as the haf 912 has pretty darn good airflow.

If you are still using the original fans a simple upgrade of the fans will be a major improvement

@EzioWar

Turns out I forgot that I still use the foam now, even after DIY-ing a bracket using acrylic sheet & some magnets.

Pic :

Case is CoolerMaster CM690 III

Spoiler

4.jpeg.3f6ee18c627ddb911bdbdf31077725be.jpeg3.jpeg.8936d5c127bb428331c087de735b2930.jpeg2.jpeg.bfaf47a3694bc6206515a601caa28167.jpeg1.jpeg.76b8271d0b742f5db40ce5b50646c480.jpeg

Refresh before you reply

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

18 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

Many of my builds actually have zip ties to mount fans, as it's nice and easy. No noises, or vibrations actually.

In my NAS I have fans on both sides of the drives, intake and the other side of the drive cages. The opposite of the drive cages the fans are mounted with zip-ties:

My second NAS build:

truenas9.jpg

My current NAS, same thing, zip ties to get fans on the opposite of the drive bays:

truenas15.jpg

I always use zip ties to mount a 80 mm fan on the opposite side of drive bays as well in all may machines that have HDD under the PSU shroud:

7700k6.jpg

Note though, you can get mounts for HDDs like @Levent posted that have a FAN mounted already in the front.

7 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

My second NAS build:

truenas9.jpg

truenas15.jpg

7700k6.jpg

Tyvm, btw in all of those zip tie mounting, does yor fan's body touches the cabinet and does it produce more noise? Are there's allways a small gap between fan body and cabinet?

On 4/21/2024 at 10:28 PM, EzioWar said:

Tyvm, btw in all of those zip tie mounting, does yor fan's body touches the cabinet and does it produce more noise? Are there's allways a small gap between fan body and cabinet?

They always touch, solidly mounted. In many cases I can only get two zip ties to mount the fans, or sometimes it's just easier to only use two mount them. The Noctua ones in the gaming machines have rubber mounts, but the Antec fans in my NAS don't have any rubber dampeners and they still don't make noise. I don't want to make it pain to remove them.

It was also the easiest way to mount fans in my network rack (during the "mock up"), here you can see several of the zip-ties:

networkrack2.jpg