Team Fortress 2 Erratic Behavior

Fugaroo

Hi all,

Was using a 1080ti for TF2 on Alienware AW2523HF. I average around 140-160fps, sometimes as high as 180 and it was consistent. Just upgraded to 7900xtx and it is up and down. I can be at 300+, for no reason dive bombs to 40 fps, then back up to 200+. 7 days to die was similar, FPS is all over. But my previous 7 year old 1080ti had more consistency.

Ideas?

Just now, Fugaroo said:

Hi all,

Was using a 1080ti for TF2 on Alienware AW2523HF. I average around 140-160fps, sometimes as high as 180 and it was consistent. Just upgraded to 7900xtx and it is up and down. I can be at 300+, for no reason dive bombs to 40 fps, then back up to 200+. 7 days to die was similar, FPS is all over. But my previous 7 year old 1080ti had more consistency.

Ideas?

Have you tried to use DDU to remove old drivers?

Yep, everything DDU and removed. Tried last amd drivers and it did it, updated to latest, same.

1 hour ago, Fugaroo said:

Yep, everything DDU and removed. Tried last amd drivers and it did it, updated to latest, same.

Do you know the temperatures of your 7900XTX when playing TF2? Can you run GPU-Z and log everything while playing TF2, and upload the generated file here?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Tf2 is a cpu bound game not gpu