Thunderbolt 4 setup won't support a second monitor?

Hi there,

currently working on my thesis and wanted to get a vertical monitor for better PDF reading. So I went ahead and tested one of my girlfriend's monitors and found out that my setup won't even run a second monitor. This is my setup:

PC:

• Gigabyte Z590I Vision D (comes with Thunderbolt 4)
  • Intel i5-11600k
  • RTX 2080 Super FE

Razer Thunderbolt 4 Dock connected to:

• via USB-C to DP: AOC G2590PX, 1080p and 144Hz
  • via USB-A: Wireless Mouse
  • via USB-A: Keyboard
  • via Ethernet: LAN
  • via USB-C: Audio interface

This leaves me with one USB-C port left to produce another video signal. I have a Dell U2515H, 1440p and 60Hz, that I would like to also connect to this TB4 dock but unfortunately I'm not getting a signal. Any idea why or ideas of troubleshooting? I'm posting here because Razer support is garbage and subreddits are pretty dead. Thanks!

You doing thunderbolt in from the gpu to the board?

Either way desktop and laptop thunderbolt are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT for displays and you're lucky it even carries a display signsl

AFAIK when you pass through a video output from the gpu to the board, it’s just one video output - what you’re doing is trying to split a single displayport output, it’s just not something that works. As previous poster noted, that’s a limitation of desktop thunderbolt and the way you pass through a single output from the gpu. So, your only option is to plug into the gpu directly for any more displays.