I need your help with upgrading.

BANGINGxBT

Specs of of my current Computer

-64gb of ddr4 - ryzen 7 5800x - rtx 2060 - 2tb of m.2 etc..

I want to upgrade my GPU; it's my only remaining component to upgrade. I would like the public's help in deciding what to do.

I usually play single-player games at 4K-1440p 60Hz. I'm considering the 4070 at 拢500 or a used 3080 Ti at 拢500. Which should I get? I won't be able to purchase a new GPU for a couple of months. Alternatively, should I wait longer for the 50 Series to release and see what happens next? Also, I want it to last me for two generations like my RTX 2060 did. 馃檪

1 hour ago, BANGINGxBT said:

I won't be able to purchase a new GPU for a couple of months

Then ask again when you're ready to buy. No sense deciding now if prices end up changing in the future

1 hour ago, BANGINGxBT said:

Specs of of my current Computer

-64gb of ddr4 - ryzen 7 5800x - rtx 2060 - 2tb of m.2 etc..

I want to upgrade my GPU; it's my only remaining component to upgrade. I would like the public's help in deciding what to do.

I usually play single-player games at 4K-1440p 60Hz. I'm considering the 4070 at 拢500 or a used 3080 Ti at 拢500. Which should I get? I won't be able to purchase a new GPU for a couple of months. Alternatively, should I wait longer for the 50 Series to release and see what happens next? Also, I want it to last me for two generations like my RTX 2060 did. 馃檪

The used rx 6xxx series looked like the best value. you can probably get a rx 6800 on kijiji for 300-350 CAD if the seller still has them. This bad boy will do 4k120 max settings in most games, has 16GB of vram and the asus version has an overkill cooler.

聽otherwise I recommend this as a starting point:聽https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

CPU: Ryzen 2600聽GPU: RX 6800聽RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB聽 MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO聽Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

5 hours ago, emosun said:

Then ask again when you're ready to buy. No sense deciding now if prices end up changing in the future

Just getting an idea of what I want聽

4 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

The used rx 6xxx series looked like the best value. you can probably get a rx 6800 on kijiji for 300-350 CAD if the seller still has them. This bad boy will do 4k120 max settings in most games, has 16GB of vram and the asus version has an overkill cooler.

聽otherwise I recommend this as a starting point:聽https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

Thanks I'll keep that in mind

10 hours ago, Salted Spinach said:

How much is the 7900 GRE over there?

拢570 to 拢630 new

9 hours ago, BANGINGxBT said:

拢570 to 拢630 new

3080Ti performs almost identical to the 4070 Super, except it needs much more power to run and runs hotter. I would not be comfortable with a used card unless you get to see it in action yourself.

For an additional聽拢70-130 to get leap from 4070 to 4070Ti/Super performance and 16GB of VRAM... you be the judge if its worth the extra money

If you want to cut back on spending, you should still be able to attain good 4K60 performance through DLSS with the 4070. Although keep in mind the image quality may not match native 4K and you cannot expect all games to support this feature. It will also leave you wanting if you upgrade to a high refresh rate 4K display.