is my ssd overheating or it's just a bad sata cable?

so last night i got this bsod on my pc, although error was different from previous BSOD's (inaccessible boot device) but symptoms were same. What happens is after the BSOD occurs my boot drive doesn't show up in bios and i have to do boot cycle to fix it. This doesn't happen very often, previously it happened like a week ago.

IMG_20240419_225754_1.thumb.jpg.14fc4b7755724a0c3701e82abde4cd33.jpg

Have you tried switching out the sata cable? It could be a bad drive in general- ive never seen an ssd overheat. Could also be a bios issue but try the easy stuff first

you could check your storage health with CrystalDiskInfo (it probably shows temperature too)

I'm willing to swim against the current.

5 hours ago, ZROCK said:

Have you tried switching out the sata cable? It could be a bad drive in general- ive never seen an ssd overheat. Could also be a bios issue but try the easy stuff first

i changed sata cable, will see how it goes. One thing i failed to mention, i am using a molex to sata adapter. Could it cause this issue?

1 hour ago, avidgamer121 said:

i changed sata cable, will see how it goes. One thing i failed to mention, i am using a molex to sata adapter. Could it cause this issue?

Molex to SATA has a pretty bad reputation. Though that was more from a melting standpoint.