DLL Issue

TurleyV16

I have been struggling with my computer for the past 2 months, a month of which this PC spent in a shop to get some tests done.

The PC has been getting DLL errors that suddenly started appearing. The PC came back with all test clear.

My specs:

• AMD 5600G - Using IGPU (1.3 years old) 
  • B550M DS3H Gigabyte Motherboard - Bios Version F14 (1.3 years old)
  • 1TB 7000RPM Seagate Barracuda HDD (1.5 years old)
  • Adata XPG 16GB (2X8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM (About 4 years old)
  • RM750X (750W) PSU (Its a bit much ik) (6 months old, old PSU randomly died)
  • Windows 10 Professional (Updated from Win 7)

What I have done to try and fix this issue:

• Reset (As in remove partitions and reinstall using USB) Windows about 3 times. (Fixed issue temporally for a week, started crashing after an hour then shortened to under 1 min)
  • Updated AMD Adrenaline drivers
  • I have not updated bios (planning to do that)
  • Manually removed AMD drivers and reinstalled them.
  • Gave to a PC shop for a check, they said everything is good.

Symptoms:

• Games (All games, steam games - Unturned, BeamNG, Karlson and Roblox) randomly 1 day started freezing after 3m-30s of initially booting up the game - reset windows using USB.
  • After resetting windows, games would behave like normal and after a day games would crash somewhere about 1 hour of gameplay, freeze and crash. This time next weekend shortened to 3m to 30s after booting up a game.
  • Games are only affected all other programs work fine.
  • No visual damage from what I've seen.
  • The games freeze then crash, give errors.
  • No BSOD yet.

Capture.PNG

I'd try a memtest, SFC/DISM, and chkdsk.
Can you pull some other event logs? Like, this is just beta roblox crashing which seems not surprising. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Yeah, test your ram first, use memtest86, make a bootable usb stick and boot from stick to test the memory.  If you get errors, try setting the ram at 3000 Mhz and test the ram again.

Look at smart info and make sure the hard drive isn't failing.

Install latest AMD chipset drivers if you didn't, maybe there's some bug or some quirk in older chipset drivers or windows drivers that would cause errors in reading data from hard drive, or maybe the sata cable is bad.

If you have a spare sata cable, try changing it. Also try changing the sata port on the motherboard, just in case the one you use is not making good contact or something causes data transfer errors..

Look in Windows Event Viewer (type "event viewer" in the search box) after crashes or freezes, see if something shows up there in System, like "this driver is not responding" or something to that effect.

25 minutes ago, OddOod said:

I'd try a memtest, SFC/DISM, and chkdsk.
Can you pull some other event logs? Like, this is just beta roblox crashing which seems not surprising. 

Ive ran /sfc scannow, chkdsk and chkdsk /f i also did memory diagnostic but i couldn't get the results

IMG_20240419_172324.jpg

IMG_20240419_172214.jpg

37.jpg

Okay, couple things:
First, I forgot to say Welcome to the forums!
Second, is that your screen? That's.....concerning
Third, Win+Shift+S allows you to take screenshots easily. 

So, assuming you fully reinstalled Windows, this is highly likely a hardware error. I am very suspicious of the RAM now. To the degree that, if it's viable, I'd just try new RAM and return it if it didn't fix it. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

19 hours ago, OddOod said:

Okay, couple things:
First, I forgot to say Welcome to the forums!
Second, is that your screen? That's.....concerning
Third, Win+Shift+S allows you to take screenshots easily. 

So, assuming you fully reinstalled Windows, this is highly likely a hardware error. I am very suspicious of the RAM now. To the degree that, if it's viable, I'd just try new RAM and return it if it didn't fix it. 

Alright I got an update, I did DISM Scan and SFC, both did not fix the problem... but good news but bad news! memtest86 failed, I don't understand the errors but Test 7 failed on 3 passes, file is attached, should I bother doing 3000mhz, can't I just disable XMP and go to standard and test then? also I'm planning to upgrade to 32gb (4x8gb) so should I just disable XMP, test and reset windows if pass and then buy fresh ram? or should I keep looking for other malfunctioning parts? (removed file with errors due to not being needed as next test passed dont know how much it is sensitive data)

Alright, its progress and very close to issue fixed, just ran the test again with XMP disabled and it passed with 0 errors, ill reset windows tomorrow and check if it functions properly. there still could be issues but in theory it should work (it never does) anyway, thanks!  

Also instead of bothering the forums with my problems is there a solid place for all this info of how to troubleshoot and free programs i can use to check my pc?

On 4/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, TurleyV16 said:

memtest86 failed

Checks out. Either your ram is dying or your mobo is

On 4/20/2024 at 4:06 PM, TurleyV16 said:

is there a solid place for all this info of how to troubleshoot and free programs i can use to check my pc

A trustworthy, non-SEO'd to heck one? No, not really. Not as far as I'm aware. Everything I've learned comes from encountering problems and working to solve them. Googling around, checking howto, stackoverflow, TomsHardware, etc. hunting answers, gathering knowledge, noticing patterns. This is true for most of the people I know. 
The trick to becoming The Computer Person in your circles kinda comes down to *being* the computer person in your circles.