is an external CD/DVD Drive worth it?

GanjajoggiBig

Lately ive been wondering if i should get an external CD/DVD drive since i wanted to have one so i could play/read CD/DVD's again but ive been wondering if its worh it/necessary since on the first hand, everything is mostly digitized at this point, but on the other hand it would help with hardware drivers or older games that arent avaliable digitaly

so ive been wondering is it worth it to get one?

also if someone asks why i dont use an internal, my case(Corsair 4000d airflow) doesn have the space for it,

and perhaps a recommendation on which one to get would also be nice but not necessary

Id say hardware drivers are irrelevant since those are also easily done via digital methods.
For games especially older games however sure, you CAN find them digitally through *unconventional* means but if you have many of them and want to play them id say its at least justified to have one
Also if you have movies for example its also at least nostalgic regardless of them being digitaly available.
Id say go for it but dont pay too much for top shelf if you have many games and or movies/shows

It is worth it when you need one. You can always grab one only when you do need one. I personally cannot imagine any "urgent" use case where I would like to have a readily available drive laying around. I would just buy when one day I really need it.

Personally, I'd say yes.
I use mine for my older games and to back up my movies and music.
Drivers are mostly a non-issue since most network drivers are built into the OS and you can download the rest. Drivers on disk are often obsolete anyway.

They don't take up much space and they don't cost much, so in my opinion it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

It's really only necessary if you have a bunch of movies/music around that you'd like to archive. 

The only use I have for an optical drive is to rip DVD's to my Plex server. Outside of that I dont use it.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

They are not expensive, if you have a use case for one, I see no reason not to get one.

Doesn't matter which one you pick, it isn't going to damage either your PC or the disc if it fails. But personally, I'd still stick with a brand I'd heard of.