Computer Upgrade, CPU, Motherboard, Ram, Cooler

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 minute ago, catcatmaxmax said:

Ok no worries so it would be just better to wait until I have the money and then ask what I should get

Yes. New parts release fairly frequently, and even when there isn't a big part release coming up, it's fairly common prices to shift as companies compete with things like back end rebates, game bundles, and other methods of driving prices down compared to everyone else, so one day the best choice might be a 7700X, while the next it might be a 13600K or 14600K, or it transitions from any given kit of RAM to something else (RAM and motherboards as a whole change almost every day it seems like, so unless you have very specific requirements for those parts, the one that makes sense to purchase changes just as frequently). 

Budget (including currency): Around $1200 AUD if need be I can go higher 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  More for gaming, attached is a screenshot of the games I play

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My existing parts are a Geforce RTX 4070, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, AMD stock cooler, DDR4 3600MHz 2x16 GB, Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 Motherboard, 650W 80+ Gold Power Supply, 1080p 165hz primary monitor + 1080p 60hz secondary monitor

I am looking to upgrade to the new AM5 socket and still stick with a Ryzen 7 and 32GB of RAM with a motherboard that has 6 Sata ports 4 of which can be put into a RAID config, I have put a PC part picker list up to see if this stuff is right to upgrade to and to ask around and see what would b e a good CPU cooler I should get, https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/VVJpkJ

I have no planned time on buying the parts it is just pretty much when I have the money, I would get all of these parts

image.png.b99d22c4f44db572effe2bd7030f6861.png

6 minutes ago, catcatmaxmax said:

I have no planned time on buying the parts it is just pretty much when I have the money

Then ask again when you do have the money. The PC market shifts greatly from one day to the next for what parts actually make sense to buy, to the point where a recommendation is usually out of date in about a week. Whatever we recommend today will be out of date by that point. 

10 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Then ask again when you do have the money. The PC market shifts greatly from one day to the next for what parts actually make sense to buy, to the point where a recommendation is usually out of date in about a week. Whatever we recommend today will be out of date by that point. 

I Will probably have this money around sometime in October

2 minutes ago, catcatmaxmax said:

I Will probably have this money around sometime in October

OK, then ask around October. Both AMD and Intel should be releasing new parts by then anyway, so everything we recommend now will by completely irrelevant by then. 

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, then ask around October. Both AMD and Intel should be releasing new parts by then anyway, so everything we recommend now will by completely irrelevant by then. 

Ok no worries so it would be just better to wait until I have the money and then ask what I should get

1 minute ago, catcatmaxmax said:

Yes. New parts release fairly frequently, and even when there isn't a big part release coming up, it's fairly common prices to shift as companies compete with things like back end rebates, game bundles, and other methods of driving prices down compared to everyone else, so one day the best choice might be a 7700X, while the next it might be a 13600K or 14600K, or it transitions from any given kit of RAM to something else (RAM and motherboards as a whole change almost every day it seems like, so unless you have very specific requirements for those parts, the one that makes sense to purchase changes just as frequently).