Ping pooping its pants?

Fat Cat11997
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
6 hours ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

What is the cause for this...

You're on WiFi. There's always latency on WiFi.

...and how can i fix this?

Ethernet. Plug in directly.

In minecraft, my ping will suddenly go from ~50 ms to 500. I've checked my pc antenas and even connected to a 5g 5ghz wifi connection. My ping only has a wet fart after a couple of minutes playing, but whenever i restart the game the ping goes back to normal. My pc shows that my connection has a link speed of 866 mb. This connection problem has happened before. What is the cause for this and how can i fix this?

What is the cause for this...

...and how can i fix this?

22 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

For some reason whenever i restart my pc or disconnect and then recconnect to my internet connection whether if its the 5ghz or 2.4ghz connection my ping is fine, but after playing for a little my ping starts to poop its pants again, and disconnecting and then recconnecting to the network again seems to fix it. What is going on?

7 hours ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

For some reason whenever i restart my pc or disconnect and then recconnect to my internet connection whether if its the 5ghz or 2.4ghz connection my ping is fine, but after playing for a little my ping starts to poop its pants again, and disconnecting and then recconnecting to the network again seems to fix it. What is going on?

Most common cause is wireless interference.

Interference can be due to overlap with your neighbours' WiFi broadcasts or other appliances that use the same bands as WiFi (e.g. cordless phones, Bluetooth, etc.). You can detect the former with a WiFi Analyzer tool.

When you reboot the wireless router, you force it to scan the spectrum for the best available channel (provided the antenna channel selection is to 'auto'). That is a temporary fix because if the spectrum in your area is already heavily congested, it's only a matter of time before a neighbour's broadcast decides to overlap with yours again.

10 hours ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

What is going on?

WiFi being WiFi. If you want a reliable and stable connection you need Ethernet PERIOD. WiFi is unpredictable as you have been experiencing.

I think a lot of people think 5G is just superior, but don't understand that as you go up in frequency the range and penetration power of the WIFi signal gets cut. Thats not taking in to account other devices using the same WiFi channels as you OR the fact that the WiFi spectrum is Unlicensed meaning anyone their mom and brother can use is as long as they follow the rules laid out by the government. For example Cordless phones have been known to use some of the 5Ghz band and the same could be said about Radar (which operates on the DFS channels). For 2.4 Ghz Microwave ovens and Bluetooth devices use the same band.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.