Backup My Document files on windows 10

Apemanonline

Im trying to find a way to backup the non os files on my pc. I have a large usb drive 4 tb and all pcs run windows 10.  My only issue is that I cant find a simple way to do it. Hear me out.

I can drag and drop the whole doc folder to the drive but that takes hours so only copy the new files that are not already backed up! Ok how the heck do i do this?

Going trough every files checking it against the backup?

I know a really simple answer here but im dammed if i can work it out.

Thanks in advance.

Every few months I like to backup my entire Documents folder in addition to my *ahem* legally downloaded media to an 8 TB drive on my home network. It'll basically sync the most recent version to the backup location skipping anything that's already there and hasn't been changed. The website may look a bit janky, but I've used a program called DSynchronize for several years. Might be worth looking at.
http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/dsynchronize/dsynchronize.html

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Synctoy by Microsoft is still a thing.  You might have to search for it but it's free.

I used to use FBackup: https://www.fbackup.com/download.html

The GUI was very intuitive and the free version had all I needed.

Pick source and destination and then for the type of backup you pick "Mirror", that will only copy modified and new files (in their original format, not putting them in a zipped archive).

* I say "used to", because I don't use Windows for anything important nowadays, so no need for backups on it anymore 😄.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Many thanks guys. Ill go look see what works for me.

right click > copy?

that's how i do it tbh 🙍‍♀️ 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Apemanonline said:

i can drag and drop the whole doc folder to the drive but that takes hours so only copy the new files that are not already backed up! Ok how the heck do i do this

yeah there's software to make incremental backups,  what irks me is saying "non os files" typically these backup softwares will make full system restores, you can also backup seperate drives sure, but then you're back to micromanaging all that stuff,  its unclear to me why no "os files" those contain important documents and settings too... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Although I use NOVA Backup on a daily basis (it is also linked to my Amazon Web Service account for cloud storage), I have also used FreeRileSync for certain tasks.  I think it will do everything that the OP wants and it's quite fast as well.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10