Local Network Share Slow Ubuntu To Windows

Britishblue

Hi I am trying to use handbrake on my PC to access files from my ubuntu server to compress them. Im only getting 11 MB/s though. I have 1000 megabit internet so this seems VERY slow to what I should be getting. I think its seriously limiting how fast I can compress stuff in handbrake. Im using the samba local file share default thing on ubuntu to access it like a folder. Thanks

How are you testing the transfer speed between your PC and your server, and are you running Handbrake while testing the speed?

2 minutes ago, NikolakiH said:

How are you testing the transfer speed between your PC and your server, and are you running Handbrake while testing the speed?

I just tried transferring a file to my PC'S NVME SSD (which is faster than the hard drive by a lot). Handbrake wasnt running while I tested. Thanks

2 hours ago, Britishblue said:

I have 1000 megabit internet

Your internet is pretty much irrelevant.

Run an iperf test between your PC and your server to check the achievable speed, likely there's something bottlenecking the speeds to 100mbit, maybe a bad cable, router setting, switch or something else.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga