Need help confirming cable for MSI GTX 1070

cyf

I just "inherited" an MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC (Micro-Star model no. MS-V330) link to likely product specification and I am trying to connect it to my power supply, which is a Corsair CX-500M link to product specification.

IMG_4247.thumb.jpg.81e1e8bb0d6194896dd899eea0bf00fe.jpg

I have a cable with the following connectors:

Cable.thumb.jpeg.dbbcb6ff2397298465aa73f38d13d954.jpeg

All 3 plugs (left [6+2], middle [6+2], right [8]) can be plugged into the graphics card.

The plug on the right [8] is not insertable into the power supply (there's a plastic tab between the 2 square pins on the top right), but can be plugged into the graphics card--thus, the left and middle plugs can be plugged into the 8-pin socket in the power supply.

Can I plug the plug on the right into the graphics card and the one of the other (left or middle) plugs into the power supply?  My understanding is that the 6+2 plugs are normally for the graphics-card side, but it seems like in this case, it's the reverse.

Edit: The cable I show is definitely not from corsair.  I will contact them as you guys suggested.  Thank you!  (I realize I can make my own cable, but I'm too lazy to do it at this point.)

1 hour ago, cyf said:

The plug on the right [8] is not insertable into the power supply (there's a plastic tab between the 2 square pins on the top right

Are you certain that this power cable is original to this power supply? That 8 pin should absolutely go into the PSU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Are you certain that this power cable is original to this power supply? That 8 pin should absolutely go into the PSU.

According to the picture from their product page the cable seems to should say "pcie" not "vga."

CX Series™ Modular CX500M ATX Power Supply — 500 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Modular PSU

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 minute ago, TylerD321 said:

According to the picture from their product page the cable seems to should say "pcie" not "vga."

Yeah I am thinking you might want to reach out to Corsair support and see about a replacement cable for this power supply. Their customer care is pretty good and they might replace your cables free of charge.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The cable is DEFINITELY not from Corsair. I will reach out to them.