PS5 Pro specs confirmed, expected release before the festive season this year. SOC also pictured

filpo
Just now, leadeater said:

PS5 vs PS4 Sales Comparison - January 2024

Hunter 🎮 on X: "Hardware sales comparison through Month 40: 🔴 Switch:  59.8M 🔵 PS5: 55.4M 🟢 Xbox Series: 28.0M See more: https://t.co/fkKQJWZSxd  https://t.co/4Sax8iqCP9" / X

Care to explain away the data that shows it's doing fine?

Yes they sold consoles. No one disputed that, mindless people are mindless.

Here is the real story though.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/19/sony-gaming-margin-questioned-after-ps5-sales-cut-sparks-stock-plunge.html

PS5 sat on shelves collecting dust, no one buys games for it.

"Sony plunged $10 billion after its PS5 sales cut. But a bigger issue is its near decade low games margin"

☣️MANHATTEN PROJECT☣️:  5800X3D. 32GB. 7900 XT.

5 minutes ago, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

Could have just upgraded the rig and played both those FF games on PC, which

Could I? Tell me where to buy the PC versions 😉

Could I? Tell me where to buy the PC versions 😉

When they release.

1 minute ago, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

Yes they sold consoles. No one disputed that, mindless people are mindless.

Here is the real story though.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/19/sony-gaming-margin-questioned-after-ps5-sales-cut-sparks-stock-plunge.html

PS5 sat on shelves collecting dust, no one buys games for it.

Sony cuts sales projections in lead up to hardware refresh and "analysist" lose their minds. This isn't anything new, they were wrong every other time.

Sony cuts sales projections in lead up to hardware refresh and "analysist" lose their minds. This isn't anything new, they were wrong every other time.

Interesting.

Talk to the consumers who make videos then.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ps5+no+games

I will let you count the results, I don't care to get stuck in the overwhelming evidence of how consumers feel.

3 minutes ago, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

When they release.

There is no reason to buy a PS5

Yes there is

No there isn't

Wait some undefined time to be able to buy the game you want that isn't apparently a reason to buy a console, or upgrade a PC to be able to do it

Just upgrade your PC, at a higher cost than the console

You're not making any logical sense

There is no reason to buy a PS5

Yes there is

No there isn't

Wait some undefined time to be able to buy the game you want that isn't apparently a reason to buy a console or upgrade a PC to be able to do it

Just upgrade your PC, at a higher cost than the console

You're not making any logical sense

I said there is no reason to buy a PS5 and stood by that, where did I change this stance?

Yes wait as that is the projected trend with Sony and FF games and nearly all of their catalogue.

I am going to rub my crystal ball and tell you Gran Turismo will likely no longer be an exclusive by the time PS6 arrives.

Check your logic.

PS5 / 4 sales are awesome.

SONY losing money and also cutting back.

They seem rather opposites those statements.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ps5+no+games

I will let you count the results, I don't care to get stuck in the overwhelming evidence of how consumers feel.

On 5/20/2024 at 4:11 AM, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

I guess everyone who holds this opinion is a hater then.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Or simply, yes they are

Just now, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

I said there is no reason to buy a PS5 and stood by that, where did I change this stance?

Yes wait as that is the projected trend with Sony and FF games and nearly all of their catalogue.

I am going to rub my crystal ball and tell you Gran Turismo will likely no longer be an exclusive by the time PS6 arrives.

Again exclusives are irrelevant to the current market. Come up with a better reason to not buy better hardware to play newer more demanding games.

It's a projection for someone who cannot stand others opinions and has no ability to understand properly formed opinions other than try and dismiss or disrespect.

Ad hominem.

Hey hopefully we can vibe.

Play this from here 34:05, I am enjoying things.

Hopefully you can vibe with me, opinions are just different perspectives.

Relax.

20 hours ago, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

It's a projection for someone who cannot stand others opinions and has no ability to understand properly formed opinions other than try and dismiss or disrespect.

Ad hominem.

So you come here claiming the PS5 is a failure, point to a few videos talking about exclusive to PS5 games as being the reason, then claim everything is only PS4 games and dismiss that the majority don't want nor care about exclusive games which has been a complaint of many consumers for decades about consoles.

It is you that doesn't seem to understand or able to stand a counter opinion.

If the PS5 is as bad as claimed then people wouldn't be buying it. Or are you also claiming the world is majority filled with rich idiots who aren't capable of reasonable purchasing decisions?

So if you want to counter my perfectly reasonable opinion and counter point that exclusives games do not matter anymore then you are very welcome to. But your opinion is not fact as is my opinion not fact either. What is not opinion is the sales data.

2 minutes ago, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

opinions are just different perspectives.

Yes they are, and I'm expressing my opinion that yours isn't based on sound logic and isn't supported by data evidence. I'm not the one coming in proclaiming that the only way to judge the merits of a consoles success is on it's pure exclusive titles, that is you. Have you considered the majority no longer care or want exclusive games?

Lets start here, this would be a good place. Do you think the majority of gamers actually want exclusive games?

Yes they are, and I'm expressing my opinion that yours isn't based on sound logic and isn't supported by data evidence. I'm not the one coming in proclaiming that the only way to judge the merits of a consoles success is on it's pure exclusive titles, that is you. Have you considered the majority no longer care or want exclusive games?

Lets start here, this would be a good place. Do you think the majority of gamers actually want exclusive games?

Yes they do, or I they find cheaper alternatives.

If the group that finds cheaper alternatives becomes large enough (Societal changes, which is very now).

Then yes they will turn to places it is cheaper, like a drug addict.

Yes they do, or I they find cheaper alternatives.

That's good, if you can find something cheaper and is a better choice then that is fine.

(Societal changes, which is very now).

Like exclusive games. Something about irony should be inserted here I think 😉

That's good, if you can find something cheaper and is a better choice then that is fine.

Like exclusive games. Something about irony should be inserted here I think 😉

Financially for the working class which is much larger than any other class? Yes.

If you have no exclusives, there is no real point to sticking to one company or brand, but it takes intelligence, perhaps I have too much of a optimistic view of humanity?

What is the mum and dad going to choose for their child who is not a spoilt brat? The more financially responsible option.

Forced exclusivity creates a reason to stick to a company, whether people hate it or not.

Double edged sword.

The intelligent hate Apple, but the tactically able love their skills.

Not everyone has a gaming PC. I know many people who mainly game on console, exclusives or not. Within that group, PS is more popular likely because of the few exclusives there are.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

9 minutes ago, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

Financially for the working class which is much larger than any other class? Yes.

If you have no exclusives, there is no real point to sticking to one company or brand, but it takes intelligence, perhaps I have too much of a optimistic view of humanity?

The world and global population is more than big enough for 2 or more console brands to exist and be successful. The idea that one has to win out or be the best is the problem.

Products should sell on their merits and in the current market exclusive's aren't seen as merits anymore. A lot of game developers have gone through a lot of effort and time to make their games cross platform multiplayer in reaction to this demand and it's a core reason why some would not buy or leave a current platform for another.

By continuing with exclusives and not forming cross licensing deals you are actually reducing the Total Addressable Market (TAM) which is a key business metric among many. You want this to be as big as possible not smaller.

The more financially responsible option.

Then it is Sony's, Microsoft's, Nintendo's etc responsibility to do this. I don't have to sit around calling a product a failure because it's not affordable, that's not a good justification for deeming something a failure.

Forced exclusivity creates a reason to stick to a company, whether people hate it or not.

It used to, while single player console experiences dominated the market but now it is multiplayer and people want to play with their friends regardless of the hardware chosen to do it on. Times have changed, not everything for the better either but exclusives wasn't ever actually a good thing just something we suffered through.

The world and global population is more than big enough for 2 or more console brands to exist and be successful. The idea that one has to win out or be the best is the problem.

Products should sell on their merits and in the current market exclusive's aren't seen as merits anymore. A lot of game developers have gone through a lot of effort and time to make their games cross platform multiple in reaction to this demand and it's a core reason why some would not buy or leave a current platform for another.

By continuing with exclusives and not forming cross licensing deals you are actually reducing the Total Addressable Market (TAM) which is a key business metric among many. You want this to be as big as possible not smaller.

Then it is Sony's, Microsoft's, Nintendo's etc responsibility to do this. I don't have to sit around calling a product a failure because it's not affordable, that's not a good justification for deeming something a failure.

It used to, while single player console experiences dominated the market but now it is multiplayer and people want to play with their friends regardless of the hardware chosen to do it on. Times have changed, not everything for the better either but exclusives wasn't ever actually a good thing just something we suffered through.

Suffering brings meaning, it creates memories too.

A lack of suffering breeds this.

Lack of longevity, hypoerfocus on the next thing coming along with no thought to where it will lead.

No life, just playing catch the next train all the time.

No life satisfaction.

Fighting at every corner.

Humans diluted of their own true nature living in a society which shapes them to materialism are a problem upon humanity, the new biblical demons.

friedrichnietzsche1.jpg

Suffering brings meaning, it creates memories too.

A lackj of suffering breeds this.

Um? This really is not a good argument for this conservation or even applicable. The relevance of this is minimal to zero towards what we are discussing. The issue and topic is vastly more complicated and not one for here.

Um? This really is not a good argument for this conservation or even applicable. The relevance of this is minimal to zero towards what we are discussing. The issue and topic is vastly more complicated and not one for here.

It's answer is not stuck in one area of thought, it is a philosophical conversation piece that is way larger than just video games, but one of human limitation and surviving.

Perhaps one day we could give each other the honor of hearing it more with the proper depth and vastness it is, rather than lumped summed up weak conclusions we often need to give to make rulers happy.

It's all on topic, everything is human created, distorted, illusions, we could all die in a moments notice, and new life is birthed, the only true facts.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43306206-the-courage-to-be-disliked

It's answer is not stuck in one area of thought, it is a philosophical conversation piece that is way larger than just video games, but one of human limitation and surviving.

You did just read what I wrote correct?

Also the idea that suffering is a positive thing is just a fallacy. There is a stark difference between life challenges, struggles, goals, achievements and suffering. There is also a difference between personal life situations and corporate practices that impact people. I don't think people should have to suffer through contaminated water nor say that is a positive life experience. You're in a very bad position when you are advocating for and saying corporate anti-consumer practices is a good thing. If you really believe in what you are saying then you wouldn't be saying exclusive games are a good thing. There are many issues in the world, none we are going to fix here on this forum in this discussion I might add.

But the actual point is if you want to say a product is a failure in some factual or meaningful way then you'll also need to and be prepared for defending that opinion because everyone agreeing simply never happens. We don't even have to agree here about whether or not exclusives are a bad thing or a good thing, if the PS5 is a failure or a success. But what I have been pointing to is that these opinions of the PS5 being a failure just aren't well supported by any none opinion based metrics that would actually support such opinions.

I can agree that people exist that are disappointed by the lack of pure exclusive games on a particular console but that by no means makes them the majority.

There are people who enjoy things I am detested by, that part of me cannot understand it, but in philosophy I can learn to be free of the feeling it brings me and helps me accept the other, as we all are merely animals trying to survive with whatever energy we are.

How can you not see how this relates to our argument? Me and you are for some reason opposed, but is it the medium we interact with or the rules imposed which cause segregation?

at first glance I went off topic? Understanding has depth, it requires study and time.

My mind goes beyond rules.

For this, we will forever be locked in butting each other, whilst I come across as the weaker minded because I fail to use illogical stuff such as ad hominem to make me sound like I know more than I really do.

I hope one day all my enemies, we meet in another life and are free to see each other for real.

11 minutes ago, FireyFoxiconnRageEX said:

It's all on topic

No it is not. Topics on this forum have a topical purpose and the forum itself is about technology and gaming. Discussing societal problems in a topic about PS5 Pro Specs absolutely is not on topic. Arguing about the success or not of the PS5 and exclusive games is already pushing it as it is.

No it is not. Topics on this forum have a topical purpose and the forum itself is about technology and gaming. Discussing societal problems in a topic about PS5 Pro Specs absolutely is not on topic. Arguing about the success or not of the PS5 and exclusive games is already pushing it as it is.

It's about making money and profit, at least if we want to be real, make a forum where honesty is displayed.

We can't have an intellectual discussion for fear we hurt someones feelings with their so called rules.