Gpu recomendations?

Go to solution Solved by emosun,

a used 6800xt is usually the go to with lower budgets , kinda tough to beat with how cheap they've become.

If you've seen me post before, you probrably know that i was planning to get a 4070 super, but i realized that i wouldn't need rt; a bunch of mods for the games i play look the same as rt but don't use rt cores. I did try and do some research, but most of the reviews i found were outdated and during the chip shortage making the gpu at the time a horrible deal. Ive been looking at the 7600 xt 12gb at $330 or the 7700 xt 12gb at $400 for 1080p but possibly 1440p in the future.

Edit: the 7600xt is actually 16gb just typo

a used 6800xt is usually the go to with lower budgets , kinda tough to beat with how cheap they've become.

13 minutes ago, emosun said:

Not really willing to buy used cuz i wanna have my gpu last as long as possible.

15 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

Not really willing to buy used cuz i wanna have my gpu last as long as possible.

ok thats good news as the majority of decades old computer equipment that functions well is used and not new in the box. Which of course would makes sense as it's just a circuit board and not a lawn mower.

then again i haven't subscribed to the "new therefor good" mentality in a while so perhaps mankind has since eliminated QC since i last purchased something.

39 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

Then buy a 7900gre or 7900xt so you arent just buying a glorified 6800xt (looking at you 7800xt) with mildly lower (~50w) power consumption at a 150$ ish markup

otherwise stick with the 4070 super as its equivalent to a 3090 afaik just half the vram and much lower power consumption

Draws like 40w less than a 7800xt looking at this chart, theres also power consumption figures for the 3080/3090 7900gre/xt and 6800xt