Laptop does not use Nvidia GPU no matter what settings I use

Recently my Asus GL503GE started to lag(cannot go above 10-15 fps) in all games(and some normal apps). Here are the specs:

CPU: I7-8750H

GPU: GTX 1050ti

RAM: 16 GB

Storage: Windows 10 on a 120GB Adata SSD, and a 1TB HDD.

I have tried reinstalling my display drivers, set my games to use the Nvidia GPU in the Nvidia control panel and the Windows Graphics preferences settings, use the 'best performance' power plan, but nothing has worked. I also have the latest BIOS version for my laptop and the latest Windows updates.

When I play a game, the Nvidia GPU stays at 0% most of the time, but does random spikes of activity to 100% and the Intel GPU stays between 10% and 50%, with some random spikes to 100% as well. Here is a screenshot just after I shut down Elden Ring:

image.png.67b5c5fe4a598adfe25363fc829f8895.png

What can I try to fix this?

25 minutes ago, 9T9 said:

When I play a game, the Nvidia GPU stays at 0% most of the time, but does random spikes of activity to 100% and the Intel GPU stays between 10% and 50%, with some random spikes to 100% as well. Here is a screenshot just after I shut down Elden Ring:

Elden ring would be an unplayable mess if the intel 630 was the rendering device. If you are actually getting decent performance, I'd more likely believe that the 0% reading was in error.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Elden ring would be an unplayable mess if the intel 630 was the rendering device. If you are actually getting decent performance, I'd more likely believe that the 0% reading was in error.

I am not getting decent performance. The game stays at below 10 fps.

2 hours ago, 9T9 said:

I am not getting decent performance. The game stays at below 10 fps.

I will assume you already did the lowest settings to see if that makes a difference 

2 hours ago, 9T9 said:

I have tried reinstalling my display drivers, set my games to use the Nvidia GPU in the Nvidia control panel and the Windows Graphics preferences settings, use the 'best performance' power plan, but nothing has worked. I also have the latest BIOS version for my laptop and the latest Windows updates.

When you updated the graphics drivers, what did you use? The easiest way is GeForce experience, but we might also want to start from scratch. 

https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/

Download this program, and run it to remove your nvidia drivers. Then you can download  the latest drivers once again to see if that helps

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 4/13/2024 at 3:43 AM, Fasauceome said:

I will assume you already did the lowest settings to see if that makes a difference 

When you updated the graphics drivers, what did you use? The easiest way is GeForce experience, but we might also want to start from scratch. 

https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/

Download this program, and run it to remove your nvidia drivers. Then you can download  the latest drivers once again to see if that helps

Did not work, deleted and reinstalled graphics drivers and still the same result. I even tried with older drivers but nothing changed.