What The Hell ?

I dont no about you people but when i buy something i like to know how much i will be paying BEFORE i pay for a order and order that item or items.

So basically ive seen a certain mousemat from the LTTStore i would like to buy. It goes with my colour scheme on my PC Setup.

The thing is im from the UK not Canada. So i was expecting shipping and taxes which is ok im fine with that. But the thing which is throwing me is well just look at the photo i uploaded. Ive not got a clue how much i will be paying BEFORE i order in taxes and so once ive ordered the mousemat i will have to pay whatever money after to actually get my shipment, it could be anything? Scummy tactic i dare say. I will be held basically like a hostage to my item.

Maybe i am reading it wrong or i am reading it right?. Qoute (After you place your order).

Screenshot 2024-04-11 220954.png

1 minute ago, IceCold008 said:

Scummy tactic i dare say.

Not really. That's normal here in NA. Our price tags don't have tax included for what ever odd reason.

If you're ever traveling here and see something for $9.99, it's actually $9.99 plus what ever sales tax there is locally. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

It's called an estimated taxes for a reason. If they charged way above their estimated taxes on every order, then it'd be fraud. If you don't like the large shipping costs, reach out to lttstore support and talk to them.

Also, you can resolve all of this by just ordering a retro screwdriver with your order 😉

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

Just now, GoStormPlays said:

Also, you can resolve all of this by just ordering a retro screwdriver with your order 😉

That would both raise the sales tax and import/customs tax..

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

That would both raise the sales tax and import/customs tax..

...whoops

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

1 minute ago, GoStormPlays said:

...whoops

I also just looked and the free shipping with Retro screwdriver is done.

Spoiler

image.png.d9d41f4b2f863c5b3f395ebcd6e5bc5c.png

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Well thanks guys. Its not so much about the money. Its I want to see how much i will pay before i pay LOL. Thats not so much to ask for is it. 

Ive ordered a few things from NA and Canada before but shipping and taxes was given to me before i played my order lol. But here ???

Don't forget the handling fee from the customs office / post office. Royal Mail seems to be charging at least £8. Those snakes take €25 in my country on top of the taxes

🙂

6 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I also just looked and the free shipping with Retro screwdriver is done.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d9d41f4b2f863c5b3f395ebcd6e5bc5c.png

dang

2x whoops

3 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Don't forget the handling fee from the customs office / post office. Royal Mail seems to be charging at least £8

Well after ive enter all my personal details and charged me an extra 20 dollars on top for shipping ( which is fine) they still not given me a price on the tax to pay after. Safe to say i will not be held hostage at customs ROFL.

Just now, IceCold008 said:

Well after ive enter all my personal details and charged me an extra 20 dollars on top for shipping ( which is fine) they still not given me a price on the tax to pay after. Safe to say i will not be held hostage at customs ROFL.

They don't have control over customs and what customs want to charge you ROFL.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

They don't have control over customs and what customs want to charge you ROFL.

But thats not the charge, the wording tells me it can be anything after i place my order. 6 dollars can turn into 60 dollars at the border LOL. See where i am coming from?

3 minutes ago, IceCold008 said:

But thats not the charge, the wording tells me it can be anything after i place my order. 6 dollars can turn into 60 dollars at the border LOL. See where i am coming from?

I do see where you're coming from. However, what does LMG have to do with that your country may or may not charge you?

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

I do see where you're coming from. However, what does LMG have to do with that your country may or may not charge you?

Good question, Well to be brutally honest since alot of people use the LTT Stores on these forums i was HOPING someone would clarify if i was missing something or reading it wrong. Since my experience from other websites in the NA ive had a totally different experience without any issues whats so ever. I guess this website does it slightly different. 

But Anyway thanks for some less than perfect advice but it was good advice nonetheless. 

I will pondor my buying descision over a CUP OF COFFEE HEHE

pexels-chevanon-photography-312418.jpg

That's... Weird. Usually when you place the order, it will say right then and there how much the tax is. It shouldn't suddenly change after the fact. That wording make it weird for sure. Maybe they means it in a "once you've filled all the boxes, the tax will show the proper number".

After entering my address, the estimated tax went from $3.50 to $11.98. Which is accurate for where I live (Canada).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, IceCold008 said:

Well to be brutally honest since alot of people use the LTT Stores on these forums i was HOPING someone would clarify if i was missing something or reading it wrong.

So what I will say is I live in Alaska, so there's no import on anything I buy from Canada really. I've ordered from LTT quite a few times and never had the tax change on me.

I have seen where people in other countries order, the package gets to customs and there are customs issues and the customer gets charged to import. That being said, if you do get double taxed, LMG will reimburse you one of the tax payments. They've done it before and it's part of their "Trust Me Bro."

On 6/19/2023 at 9:20 AM, Adam Pilolla said:

Sorry to hear that you were double-taxed. This is caused by an issue with our store's tax assessment software that is entirely outside of our control, but we are continuing to work with our software vendors to reach a resolution to this as quickly as possible.

That said, unfortunately you do have to pay customs/duty fees irrespective of the double-taxation issue. VAT and Duty are two entirely separate categories of fees, and duty is always due on any items imported to the UK in consignments valued above £135. I can't give you legal advice, but I wouldn't recommend pursuing a refund of those fees from your government because it's very unlikely that you will be successful, since those fees appear to have been applied correctly. (EDIT: Just saw your follow-up post where you mentioned having been refunded. That's great! But I wouldn't expect that in the future; it seems to me like you just got very lucky in this case.) If you want to avoid duty fees in the future, you should ensure that anything you buy from abroad (any store, not just ours) doesn't exceed £135.

We have a breakdown of what types of fees you can expect when ordering from us here, if that is of any interest to you. I hope this helps!

The big thing to note is that it's for double tax, not customs/import fees. 

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

After entering my address, the estimated tax went from $3.50 to $11.98. Which is accurate for where I live (Canada).

Mine gets set to ~9%. Locally, our sales tax is 3% on the first $1,000 of a purchase/sale. I've never taken that up with LMG since that 6% is hardly worth my time or LMGs time to charge back. I'm not saying I like giving that 6% "away", but if you look at it in the grand picture it's not worth the hourly investment on both ends. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Erioch said:

I only clicked on the post because of the title.

So basically i put up a clickbait title. Dam lol im so sorry. It was not intended that way ROFL.

8 hours ago, IceCold008 said:

Our customs office provides calculator for these. Basically, it's estimation based on the country's general rates that are given. Here's page for UK customs https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty. As noted there, standard VAT is 20% (which equals $6). But since VAT you pay for imports includes shipping and handling fees, store can't give you final number before shipping fee is calculated.

Looking at the wording there, those fees will be paid on entry, not to store. But of that I'm not sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Most NA stores don't charge import taxes and handling fees upfront for international orders. I've ordered from lttstore.com a few times and always had to pay import tax and handling fees seperatly directly to the customs or post office. Also it's hard to say how much you'll have to pay in the end because different countries have different tax rates for different things. Also also some post offices charge extra to get your package from customs and deliver it directly to you. Those fees can change at any time and stores have no easy way to find out and account for all of that.

14 hours ago, IceCold008 said:

Well thanks guys. Its not so much about the money. Its I want to see how much i will pay before i pay LOL. Thats not so much to ask for is it. 

Ive ordered a few things from NA and Canada before but shipping and taxes was given to me before i played my order lol. But here ???

the problem is that they cant make assumptions about the taxes if shipping across the pond. despite being pretty large at this point, lttstore really doesnt have the international volume to know the ins and outs of import/export taxes of every country they may ship to.

it's at least in part why i've never ordered from LTTstore, and some other NA brands i'd really like to have stuff from.. but i'd rather not deal with shipping from outside the EU.

17 hours ago, IceCold008 said:

The thing is im from the UK not Canada. So i was expecting shipping and taxes which is ok im fine with that. But the thing which is throwing me is well just look at the photo i uploaded. Ive not got a clue how much i will be paying BEFORE i order in taxes and so once ive ordered the mousemat i will have to pay whatever money after to actually get my shipment, it could be anything? Scummy tactic i dare say. I will be held basically like a hostage to my item.

Maybe i am reading it wrong or i am reading it right?. Qoute (After you place your order).

Well for starters, did you put in your address yet?  Given the shipping isnt showing a price I'm assuming not.

Although one thing that I always think of is because taxes can be complicated depending where a person lives.  I'm assuming it's probably in place because if you place an order and it takes a day or two to process; but in the meantime new tax laws come into effect the end user will end up paying potentially different amounts [as some places might consider the time the item shipped or the time a purchase is made as the official time].  Or maybe to cover themselves in the odd case where someone starts the order at 11:59 and places the order 12:01 local time [and during that time new tariff's/taxes came into effect].  It sounds more like a legal thing if anything to protect themselves

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Sorry mate, this is an issue of consumer ignorance and the fuckery of global trade fees and taxes.  

4 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Well for starters, did you put in your address yet?  Given the shipping isnt showing a price I'm assuming not.

Yea i did that if you decided to read further down the page lol. It didnt change the tax what so ever. I did get a shipping fee which i was expecting as usual.  But nothing else changed. I understand why things happen like this but its not really a good thing for overseas consumers want to read. basically "you can order yours, there is shipping fees as usual but the tax import fees "which we dont no what that is"  you will not get to no until after you have puchased your order and if you dont pay them fees you dont get your order lol"

Would of been nice to hear something like your taxes you will caclucated at so and so rate and you will get expected to pay roughly x amount after your order.

But hey we all dont get what we want. And in this case ive decided to looks closer to home for my new mousemat.